A few questions
1) in the picture above - is the "ceremony" the Playa Nueva location? Do you know where the Playa Yaluka beach location is?
2) Any thoughts/comments on the hair/makeup artists at the resort? Do you know what products they use? I am thinking about paying for an external vendor to do my hair and makeup - http://www.saratamargo.com/
3) Photographers at the resort - thoughts/comments?
Here are my opinions/comments to your questions:
1. In the photo above 'ceremony' is actually at Playa Palapa - @JoannaBanana was showing where everything was at the private beach. Playa Nueva is actually on the main beach just off to the left towards the spa. I am not exactly sure where beach yaluka is as I am not sure I have heard of any brides using this space? (if you have a resort map, it may be on there)
2. I used the spa for my hair and makeup, as did my 3 bridesmaid's and everyone LOVED their work. I had Carmen and then Isis did the girls. They had a 3rd lady helping but I didn't catch her name. They use MAC products but they don't have airbrush. Personally I think they did a PHENOMENAL job!!!! I had a hair trial just to ensure it held up in the heat (I have curly hair that I flat iron so I was worried it wouldn't hold, but it did). I have heard no bad complaints from the reviews on Carmen and Isis. If you do decide to use an outside vendor just ensure you know the fees. I had inquired once and it was a penalty per person using their services, plus a day pass for each person that came on site. It was like $600 plus dollars - ouch! then the fees for services.
3. I used Adventure Photos. What I did was request all their work and from that I picked the photos I liked the best. After that I requested who had shot those weddings and requested to have this lady do my wedding. Unfortunately the lady I had is no longer there. I do know they have other good photographers though, as maybe brides have complimented them (on here and on the FB group). That said, they recently just upped their prices for some packages substantially, so even with the outside vendor fee you can get an outside photographer for close to the same price, if there is one off site that is more to your taste.