Jump to content

Photo

Myregistry.com - Has anyone used before?


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Heidi

Heidi
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,642 posts

    Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Sure you can. You can just "Build" your own registry from the list of items that are offered.

    I added some things that didn't automatically load from the resort and then customized some things on my own.
    OK, I signed up - Tami I'm not sure if you get anything, but I used you as a referral. Hopefully they give you $20 towards something fun!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

    #22 foxytv

    foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

      Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Heidi
      OK, I signed up - Tami I'm not sure if you get anything, but I used you as a referral. Hopefully they give you $20 towards something fun!
      LOL! Thanks!

      That would be nice but somehow I doubt that they will. hehe.

      #23 rodent

      rodent

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

        Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

        From what I've read you can use myregistry.com to get cash gifts of all of those things too, but they don't charge a fee. You are paid through paypal, so you get the typical paypal fees for receiving money (up to 3%). You can divide your cash gifts up into different parts such as "massage for two, breakfast in bed, house fund, etc." I think a honeymoon registry sounds great, but I hate to lose 7% of the money.

        Here is info from their website:
        MyRegistry.com offers its services free of charge. There are no fees for members or their guests.

        Yes, at MyRegistry.com you have the option to set up a special Cash Gift Service for your registry. This will allow your friends and family to send you cash gifts in any denomination easily and effortlessly by using a credit card, a bank wire or a PayPal account.

        MyRegistry.com does not charge any fees for this service. However, your special cash gift account is operated by PayPal in conjunction with MyRegistry.com, and PayPal's low transaction fees apply when a cash gift is sent to you. The maximum transaction fee for a US member is 2.9% + 30cents per transaction (i.e. $3.20 for a $100 contribution to your cash gift account). For international members please refer to PayPal's Terms and Conditions.


        #24 foxytv

        foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

          Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          From what I've read you can use myregistry.com to get cash gifts of all of those things too, but they don't charge a fee. You are paid through paypal, so you get the typical paypal fees for receiving money (up to 3%). You can divide your cash gifts up into different parts such as "massage for two, breakfast in bed, house fund, etc." I think a honeymoon registry sounds great, but I hate to lose 7% of the money.

          Here is info from their website:
          MyRegistry.com offers its services free of charge. There are no fees for members or their guests.

          Yes, at MyRegistry.com you have the option to set up a special Cash Gift Service for your registry. This will allow your friends and family to send you cash gifts in any denomination easily and effortlessly by using a credit card, a bank wire or a PayPal account.

          MyRegistry.com does not charge any fees for this service. However, your special cash gift account is operated by PayPal in conjunction with MyRegistry.com, and PayPal's low transaction fees apply when a cash gift is sent to you. The maximum transaction fee for a US member is 2.9% + 30cents per transaction (i.e. $3.20 for a $100 contribution to your cash gift account). For international members please refer to PayPal's Terms and Conditions.
          Hhhmmm... That does sound better. I'll look into that ... but hate to change what I've got posted (but maybve not many people have checked it out yet).

          #25 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

            It may not be as easy to set up. I don't think it has sections for adding things like messages, first class upgrades, etc. I think you have to design all that yourself. But, I'm not sure. I'm just started to look at it. Has anyone bought anything on your registry yet? If not, I don't think it would be a problem to switch it.

            #26 foxytv

            foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

              Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              It may not be as easy to set up. I don't think it has sections for adding things like messages, first class upgrades, etc. I think you have to design all that yourself. But, I'm not sure. I'm just started to look at it. Has anyone bought anything on your registry yet? If not, I don't think it would be a problem to switch it.
              Just my sister, who got us the Horseback Rides on the Beach as a birthday gift...

              #27 Heligirl

              Heligirl
              • Newbie
              • 97 posts

                Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:46 AM

                I just put a link on my web site .. I registered with the I Do Foundation. A percentage of gifts bought will go to your charity of choice. Guests can also make a donation in your name for a gift. it was easy and they make it easy for your guests.

                #28 babycow

                babycow
                • Jr. Member
                • 367 posts

                  Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

                  Great post. FI was just asking about this type of registry so we don't have to choose which one or two stores we register at. Good to know it exists.
                  http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                  Erica and Tim
                  Dreams Tulum
                  Mexico
                  May 17, 2008

                  #29 brigopens

                  brigopens
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 247 posts

                    Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    From what I've read you can use myregistry.com to get cash gifts of all of those things too, but they don't charge a fee. You are paid through paypal, so you get the typical paypal fees for receiving money (up to 3%). You can divide your cash gifts up into different parts such as "massage for two, breakfast in bed, house fund, etc." I think a honeymoon registry sounds great, but I hate to lose 7% of the money.
                    I looked at both myregistry.com and thehoneymoon.com when making our plans. I was appauled at the idea of getting taxed 8%+ on all of the gifts we were given. I thought myregistry.com was a much better way to go.

                    I didn't set up the cash gift feature, but it appears to operate directly in line with Pay Pal and their usual fee structure. Basically charging a maximum of 3% on "cash gifts" That makes a HUGE difference if you have a lot of people buying gifts between the wedding/showers/etc... Maybe several hundred dollars in the end!

                    BETTER YET... If your resort has any type of online store set-up already, you can put items from there onto your myregistry list and avoid any cost. That's what we've done. El Dorado Royale has an online store on their website where you can pre-purchase spa treatments and massages, in-room amenities, a candlelight beach dinner, etc... They also have gift certificates that can be used at the resort like cash. In total there are 145 items listed (although that includes 47 bottles of wine!)

                    You can check out the online store at EDR here.

                    I've loved myregistry since the day we set it up. You install a simple button on your toolbar and then go to any website page showing an item you want. It's as simple as clicking the new Add To MyRegistry.com button when you see something you like. It pulls most/all of the information from the site (including a picture) which you can then edit. We also thought it was great because there were so many things we liked from so many different places, and this made it possible to put only the things we really wanted onto our registry. It was either that, register at about 30 different stores, or register for a bunch of stuff we weren't interested in.

                    We'll see how people feel about using the site, but I expect it to work out quite nicely for us!
                    Our Bridal Party in Mexico

                    #30 rodent

                    rodent

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

                      Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

                      Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on setting up my myregistry page soon. I love the option to shop online. I am a great online deal finder. I can't stand the idea of registering for gifts in the store when I know I can find them online for 1/2 the price.

                      I'll still do an in store registry for those who don't like to shop online.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users