Photo

Myregistry.com - Has anyone used before?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jak27

jak27
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

Has anyone used, or are you going to use, myregistry.com?

It sure sounds interesting, and easy for our guests, but I was curious if any of you have had any experience with it.

I welcome your thoughts!

MyRegistry.com - All Stores One Registry

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

I was just about to post the same thing, but I ran a search first to make sure no one beat me to it.

I thinking about using myregistry.com, too. I am looking to see if there is any reason not to, like fees. For people who have used it, did you guest actually buy stuff from it?

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Another question- if you register with target through myregistry.com, can people also buy the stuff in the store? If they bought it in the store, would it remove it from myregistry.com?

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

I saw an advertisement for bgregistry.com (bg for Bridal gift) which is supposed to combine all the stores registry into one. But i was too nervous to try it out. Let us know (if you choose to use it)how it works out!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

bgregistry.com let's you add stuff from any store! Cool. I'm looking more into it.

Do you think people would use these online registries? I know my grandma won't, but I wonder if my friends would. It would be so much easier just to go online & order the gift. I do most of my shopping online. If I do the online registry, I'll still have in store registries. I guess the trick is to not overlap stuff & the know how much to put in each one.

I have found our dishes (fiestaware) much cheaper online, but I thought it would be too hard to register with some little online store. This might be the solution.

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              bgregistry.com let's you add stuff from any store! Cool. I'm looking more into it.

Do you think people would use these online registries? I know my grandma won't, but I wonder if my friends would. It would be so much easier just to go online & order the gift. I do most of my shopping online. If I do the online registry, I'll still have in store registries. I guess the trick is to not overlap stuff & the know how much to put in each one.

I have found our dishes (fiestaware) much cheaper online, but I thought it would be too hard to register with some little online store. This might be the solution.
              Honestly, I didn't look into it, but I have turned the page on all the magazines were I find it, jsut never followed it up for research.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

I looked into these but it seemed like a lot more work than I had time for to enter everything in to one of those single registries. I have a Registry page listed on our wedding website that lists the places we've registered ...including Honeymoon Wishes - Honeymoon Registry where your wedding gift is a Romantic Honeymoon. We've already gotten one gift from that registry site. Since we're doing a DW, the only place I'm listing the registry info is on our website, becasue I don't want peoplto think we're hinting for gifts. We really don't need them ... but the honeymoon registry is the one we hope people use if they do decide to get us gifts...

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

I just saw that bgregistry.com is run by myregistry.com

I'm only putting registry info on the website, too. They say you are not supposed to put it on invites. I think every invite I get has it, though. I'm just not that interested in getting gifts, but if we are going to get them I'd rather pick it out.

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    I looked into these but it seemed like a lot more work than I had time for to enter everything in to one of those single registries. I have a Registry page listed on our wedding website that lists the places we've registered ...including Honeymoon Wishes - Honeymoon Registry where your wedding gift is a Romantic Honeymoon. We've already gotten one gift from that registry site. Since we're doing a DW, the only place I'm listing the registry info is on our website, becasue I don't want peoplto think we're hinting for gifts. We really don't need them ... but the honeymoon registry is the one we hope people use if they do decide to get us gifts...
                    I always wondered about the HOneymoon Registries - could you tell me more about yours? Did you have to pay for it? Do guests pay extra to use it?
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I registered with myregistry.com and I love it, you can add any items from any website to your list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users