Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#181 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

I also changed my date to get a 4pm time slot so that everything can be done together. There are no regrets in that department at all!!

#182 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
    • 298 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BrittneyD
      I feel for you girls. I changed my date so that I could get a 4:00 ceremony. 11:00 was the only time available for our original date.

I also changed my date so that I could get a 4pm time slot. There were no regrets making that decision at all.

#183 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:16 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RiuBride2b
        I also changed my date so that I could get a 4pm time slot. There were no regrets making that decision at all.
        I wish I would have known when I booked my wedding that receptions weren't held til later. By the time I found it, there were no 3:00 or 4:00 time slots left at all for the month of May. Oh well! I'll figure something out...

#184 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

Jmhein - Of course you can watch our wedding too! I'm so excited. I hope it's a nice day and no rain.

Let me know when everybody gets their response about the tables back from Chandlyn.

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#185 pouchie

pouchie
          • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoBride
            I just read the latest Trip Advisor review and again it tells of incidents of theft. I wonder why that is such a big problem there. It makes me a little nervous. I think I will buy locks for my luggage and lock some stuff in there and put other stuff in the safe and try to keep my jewelry on me.

Mo,
            I read the same kind of reviews when I went to DR and stayed at a Riu resort. I did bring locks but never used them. I put my jewlery in the safe along with other really important stuff and we never had any problems. I think there is theft anywhere you go.

#186 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

I got another e-mail from Chandalyn. She says that you can seat 6 or 8 at the plantation restaurant.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#187 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
                I got another e-mail from Chandalyn. She says that you can seat 6 or 8 at the plantation restaurant.
                Thanks, Brittney! She hasn't gotten back to me yet on that question, but I'm sure she'll say the same thing.

#188 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hey girls!
                  Chandlyn emailed me last night. I am having my rehearsal on Wednesday night at 6:00 and then having a Welcome Cocktail Party at the Seagrape Bar from 8:00-11:00 that night. I asked her if I could do it at that time, so people would eat before they came. I am planning to give out my OOT bags at the party. I think I am going to order the free postcards from Vista Print and send them out to everyone about a month before to invite them to the party. Thanks Mo for telling me Seagrapes was an option! I'm really excited about it.

#189 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Lizz..you able to get a rehearsal dinner reservation that would fit all of your guests? We are really having trouble with this. Most of our guests are coming in Friday, the night before the wedding. We really wanted to do something to welcome them, even if it was only an hour. The problem is that I have been told there is not a restaurant that will seat over 30, and there is not time to do dinner, a cocktail, and the beach party. I'm not sure what to do. I have asked Chandalyn if there are any non private option for a cocktail around 5:00, but she just skated around the question. I sent her another e-mail yesterday, but I don't know what will come of it.
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#190 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
                      Lizz..you able to get a rehearsal dinner reservation that would fit all of your guests? We are really having trouble with this. Most of our guests are coming in Friday, the night before the wedding. We really wanted to do something to welcome them, even if it was only an hour. The problem is that I have been told there is not a restaurant that will seat over 30, and there is not time to do dinner, a cocktail, and the beach party. I'm not sure what to do. I have asked Chandalyn if there are any non private option for a cocktail around 5:00, but she just skated around the question. I sent her another e-mail yesterday, but I don't know what will come of it.
                      Brittney -
                      I don't think I'll be able to get a reservation for dinner because I have too many people in my bridal party. That is why I asked if I could start the cocktail party at 8:00, so people will have time to go get something to eat before the party. I think the only non-private option is the Sports Bar. I've heard about that from a few people that Chandlyn has offered them that option. Also, you should ask Chandlyn if the Beach Party is definitely on Friday night. I read a few places (I think it was on Trip Advisor) that the party was changed to Sunday night a couple times to accomodate other private parties that were happening on the beach. So make sure that there will be a beach party that Friday night!
                      If I were you, I'd plan a welcome party at the sports bar for around 5:00, then go get something to eat at the same restaurant and just have everyone sit as close by as possible and you could walk around and mingle. Then, go to the beach party.
                      Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users