Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#2731 hoyt75

hoyt75
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

I agree, I thought we'd keep up the chatter for a little while, but I guess we all got busy and back to life

Our AHR is this Saturday. We went to a friend's baby shower this weekend and they made all of their own food, so I got really inspired to make all of our own for for our AHR. What was I thinking!!!! I've been pickling jalapeno's for days, I need to start soaking my beans tonight and somehow make 50 lbs of potato salad. Remind me never to be inspired again!

#2732 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
    • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Jenna,
      I was re thinking doing the AHR for my July 10th original date and make my own food. Now your making me double think it again!! lol

I'm no longer really busy!! just waiting for my surgery date and trying to get back into school (NOT EASY!!!!!)
      So I'm writing my review, little bit each day lol!!

Wendy, this sat!!!!
      All ready?
      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
      Happily ever after...

#2733 taylorwd

taylorwd
      • 932 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Me? No I'm June 26th!

#2734 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

ahhhh!!! I'm sorry it's Jenna's on Saturday and yours next month!!!
          My confusion sorry!!!!
          Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#2735 taylorwd

taylorwd
          • 932 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

We're still trying to work out the details of ours.

Cake, cupcakes or what? Our wedding cake tasted good but looked terrible, so there's a part of me that wants a 'real' wedding cake this time.

Wear the dress or no dress? I just got it cleaned to get a stain out and want to sell it, so if I wear it I'll probably have to clean it again...

Catered food or make our own?

We want it to be as wedding-like as possible, especially for those coming from out of town, but we also need to keep the cost low.

Lots to do but still waaaaaaaay easier than the wedding!

#2736 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

oh I hear you... all the decisions!!!!

It's why I'm still so torn between having one and not!!!
              I just still don't know... I tried to bring it up yesterday to DH and he said 'you'd be taking your chance to not have an anniversary trip' so I don't know even more now lol!!!
              Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#2737 hoyt75

hoyt75
              • 371 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

Tracy - I'm sorry to hear that you have to go into surgery, I hope that everything is okay.

Wendy, did you have a change of heart from the party barge?

Cupcakes! We're getting ours from Sam's (cheaper and still taste good). With cupcakes we don't have to deal with cutting it, and DH likes boring vanilla and I'm a chocoholic, so this way we each get what we want.

Not wearing the dress. Partially b/c his family made such a big deal out of having a dw that I don't really care if they see me in or not, and partially b/c I just don't want to. I'm thinking about wearing my veil tho... I love that darn veil!

Unfortunately catering is not in our budget. We were going to do a few small things, but I just got so darn "inspired" that I just had to make my own side dishes (a friend is smoking a case of briskets for us). It's going to be a lot of work, but it will be worth it b/c we'll save a lot of money. I just went a little above and beyond what I probably should have. Instead of doing normal simple side dishes, I decided I had to make the good stuff and spruce dishes up a bit. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to feed 100 people. Oh well... lesson learned.

No decorations, no cake cutting, no dress, no frills... just us being surrounded by the people we love most and being thankful just for that.

#2738 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thanks!!!! I have endometriosis, so they will go in and burn them away!!! which means I could live a normal life for a year or 2 before the come back again. Also will give me more of a chance to have a baby. But it also can go the other way where the surgery will make everything worse and even more less of a chance to have a baby... so I have to wait and see.

Your so right, it's just to celebrate your love and becoming one. It really shouldn't be about the frills and all that other stuff.

Now your making me re consider again lol!!!! I can't make a decision if my life depended on it after all the decisions i had to make for the DW
                  Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#2739 taylorwd

taylorwd
                  • 932 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

Jenna, we're still doing the party barge. We wouldn't even consider not doing that!! If I wore my dress it would only be for an entrance-type thing and by the time we pulled into a cove I'd have my swimsuit on.

Even though we've invited a lot more, it seems like we may only have 30 guests or so. I'm thinking burgers and chicken on the grill, make our own side dishes, keg of Fireman's 4, a few champagne bottles for a toast, and a cupcake tower (if you can call 30 a tower) with an itty-bitty but pretty cake on top!

#2740 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hahaha, Tracy you make me laugh with all your indecision. I know how frustrating it can be too though so I'm sorry you're just so caught up in it. There's no way I could convince DH to do anything else wedding related at this point. He's so happy that I'm not trying to do *something* wedding related anymore and has even asked how soon it will be before we're completely free and clear. We still have our thank-you's to finish and send out since I'm including a few pictures in them for everyone, and then of course there definitely needs to be the big clean-out of all the leftover stuff that i need to sell or pass on and just get out of my house! LOL!

But on a fun note... we've been having a bit of fun spending some of our wedding money that we got in gifts on some new deck chairs etc. so with the awesome weather we've been having, it makes for a great weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users