TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com
Nice garden! We haven't tried a veggie garden yet, but are addicted to working in our perinnial gardens, we just ordered 50 more plants and shrubs after visiting the Mn landscape arboretum on thursday night! I guess we are going for the nicest acre on the block! We love landscaping, we even go to our family's homes and help them, ha! We also have a herb garden that does well every year.

So shade gardens are the toughest to grow... I have a pretty good list of perinnials that do well in shade if anyone is interested.
def. start a post on good shade perenials. i think sharing information is GREAT! gardening is just so therapeutic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Whoa, I butchered the word "aesthetic" in my last post! Gotta start proofreading.

I haven't tried the cayenne pepper solution, but I do remember reading about it once. I feel bad about hurting the poor things, but they are seriously little terrors and there are a lot! We can't fence in the back side of our property which opens up into the woods and that's where they are all coming from. I've tried both bone and blood meal and that hasn't worked
Very cool and informative blog! Hopefully we can move out of DC soon, and leave the fog behind us, so that maybe I can plant something too. I bought a basil plant from Trader Joe's last year and it died.
basil grows really quickly so you need to make sure that the roots have enough room to grow (you protbably needed to repot it)...you should try again as it does not need THAT much sun.

where do you want to move?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

just updated with more pics...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#13 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tammy Host
    where do you want to move?
    Maybe Marin

But ideally somewhere closer to my parents...walnut creek, Danville, or the San Ramon area. We're workin on it...hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later.

#14 KimmyG

KimmyG
    • 520 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

Wow Tammy your garden is impressive. I had never seen a mangosteen before, are you going to try to grow them?
      Sadly I don't have a green thumb... i somehow managed to kill chives!

#15 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

i just added a bunch of updates to my gardening blog for all interested.

Tammy's Garden

Awards and recognition: 

#16 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Ohh, Tammy so exciting.

I have been giving away parsley and basil since those guys have gone crazy in unusually wet Colorado June. However I did not cut the Cilantro in time and it bolted. So I guess I can harvest corriander(sp?) seeds once the flowers are done blooming.

I have many little green tomatoes emerging and I am very excited abou them in my first gardening season.

#17 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Where are my gardeners at

Wanted to let you know I scored on some nice hostas at Home Depot for $3.33. They have all of their perinnials on sale for cheap! So if you commit to watering through out August (hot) it is a score for next year!
          I also bought catmint, coral bells and some funky white flower- I forget what it is. Oh and their lillies are 4 for $10. I already have a ton!

#18 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Kate thanks for the tip!!!

My Porter dark cherrys are all ripening, like 1 or 2 a day and they are so flavorful and amazing!!!

I did a major basil harvest (it was out of control), I am drying them on the stem for now and them will crush and jar it.

My oregano took awhile but now is growing like crazy.

#19 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Erika J
              Kate thanks for the tip!!!

My Porter dark cherrys are all ripening, like 1 or 2 a day and they are so flavorful and amazing!!!

I did a major basil harvest (it was out of control), I am drying them on the stem for now and them will crush and jar it.

My oregano took awhile but now is growing like crazy.
              My cilantro didn't make it either... whats the trick?

#20 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

You have to harvest the Cilantro a lot, or else it "bolts" flowers.

It was crazy how fast it happened. So anyhow I am drying the corrieander (sp?) seeds and drying them right now. Then you can crush grind them for corriander poweder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users