Photo

Couples shower at work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Ok so my FI and I work together. Another co-worker is my bridesmaid. My MOH is planning on having a bridal shower for me, but I think it would be nice to have a shower at work as well. My question is should it be a couples shower since we work together?

My bridesmaid that works with us is of course complaining to my MOH that I shouldn't even have a work shower. I don't understand why not. Many people have showers at work, and I have worked there for 10 years. There are a lot of work people coming to our wedding, but there are also some people who would like to come but work that weekend. (we work every other weekend) so naturally I was thinking a shower would include them, OR does it look like we are being greedy trying to get gifts.

For more on the bridemaid story, I posted a vent a while back.
    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

I think that people naturally expect that a bride has wedding showers so I wouldn't say that it looks like you're just trying to get gifts - and your complaining bridesmaid - WTF?? I'll have to search the vent you posted to get the details on that. I think that considering you have worked there so long and seem to be really close with those people then its appropriate to have a shower. With regards to the couples thing, I'm assuming you are considering this because you work with a mixture of both males and females? I would say that's fine, especially since you indicated that a lot are coming to the wedding.
      I'm off to search the venting post! Good luck!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users