Photo

Where to Buy Arch/Canopy/Chuppah?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TerpsOfTheCaribbean

TerpsOfTheCaribbean
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Any good sites for buying an arch? I've found plenty of rental sites, and I have no problem finding materials to build one, but I'd like to just pay shipping once directly to the wedding location.

I saw these on here and would like to find something similar:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Where are you getting married? Most girls rent one, I don't think its worth shipping or building one unless you're getting married at home.

#3 meli122

meli122
      • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Most resorts have them available for the wedding. But check with your WC first.

#4 flowergrl

flowergrl
        • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

We actually just built ours last night, we are getting married in Florida so we're having relatives drive it down. My wc was willing to let us have it shipped to them if we needed to and then build it there. For the bamboo and shipping it cost us about $95 total. I bought the fabric from Hobby Lobby for about $60. Doing it ourselves saved us about $200. Being in the Bahamas may be more difficult though. Heres where I got it from Bamboo Products, reed fence, palm thatching, nursery products, Butler Bamboo - 1-800-666-0606 butlerbamboo.com

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

I know to rent one where we are is about $200-$300 w/out flowers so I don't think buying all the stuff and shipping is worth the hassle. Not to mention there are a few threads on shipping stuff to a non-US location w/ many many reasons why not to do it so you should check out those threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users