Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

04172009 Monarch of the Seas Wedding Review FINALLY!

Recommended Posts

Embarkation day wedding on RCCL Monarch of the Seas April 17, 2009 Port Canaveral

Brent Allen Salon

I canceled my appointment due to the service I received during my trial run. When I called to cancel the person that answered was very apologetic and said that she did not understand why someone else would not do my makeup. She said she might have the owner call me but she never did. I am glad that I did my own hair and makeup. I did not have to stress about running late.


Radisson at the Port (Hotel prior to cruise)

Welcome Dinner

We arranged a ‘Welcome Dinner’ the night before the cruise. We choose to have two menu options; Jumbo Shrimp stuffed with island crab and Filet Mignon with Bordelaise sauce. I did not think about how everyone like their steak cooked. But I picked Medium Rare (my preference). Everything worked out great! The food was great service was great! No complaints. Well organized.


General Stay

The hotel was very nice. I was worried about the ‘Welcome Diner’ because we ate at the restaurant in the hotel the night before and it was not that great. My FIL and I ordered grouper and it was very bland. The hotel has very nice grounds. The pool area was nice. We sat by the pool each night. The hotel rooms were clean.





Details about package:

Duet Wedding package

Lunch Buffet with 2nd hour of open bar service

12” Wedding Cake

DJ for two hours

Review of wedding:

Perfect! I was worried about hearing so much because of all the Royal Romance horror stories. But everything was perfect! I really don’t remember much since it went by so FAST. I have heard other brides say this but really I can’t wait to watch the video.

We got to the cruise terminal and we meet our two coordinators. One went over the last minute details with me of what we booked (cake, DJ, 2 hour lunch buffet, etc.). The other one went over my music with me. I brought my own very unique music selections. I was very worried that they would mess up the music but she did it perfect! I was going with the flow and everything thing worked out great! The two coordinators determine the order of things and it work out perfect. They also had all of our guests in the same area and made sure everyone knew when and where to be. One coordinator took me (carried my dress for me) to our cabin to get changed. I had to stay in the cabin by myself since she wanted everyone at rehearsal at 12:30. The wedding coordinator, my MOH (sister), and photographer came and picked me up around 12:45. We took a few pictures in the cabin then headed off to the ceremony site.

The wedding was just what we wanted. It was very short 12 minutes. I really don’t remember much of it. Since I did not get to rehearse it was a little awkward at times. But the officiant just whispered what we should do. I think it went well. I don’t think anyone noticed. We did the sand ceremony and that went smoothly. Our reception was held at the same place as the wedding so it was a little awkward to leave then come back in but it worked. Once we came back in we took a few pictures. I was not planning on buying the onboard photos because of the price. My two stepbrothers did the video and photography. My stepbrother’s camera was bigger and nicer than the shipboard photographer. I have not seen the pictures, I hope they turned out. I know a lot of people took pictures so I am hoping that we have at least a few good pictures. My one regret is I wish I would have had a list of pictures to take. I also wanted to take some pictures on the deck but I got sick during the muster drill and never made it out for the rest of the day.

We then we did the first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance. Since FI and MIL was so worried about dancing they coordinator suggested at the half way point to welcome everyone else to the dance floor. This relieved some of their stress. After that we ate. Once it looked like everyone was done eating we did the cake cutting. The cake was very good. They were suppose to deliver it to our room but they never did. After that is was booty shaking time. The DJ did a good job. He did a crowd participation thing where he asked who “wore the pants in the family” (not his exact words). So he had all the men and all the women in line with me leading all the women to do kicks and DH leading the men. It was fun and funny watching everyone. Although he said Jason won! Then since we were all in a line we made a “Love Tunnel” and everyone went through it.

Overall it was great. I just went with the flow. The two coordinators did a good job of keeping it organized. I know I have heard every bride say it went by so fast. IT REALLY DOES! DH and I are both excited to watch the video because we don’t remember much. I am glad I booked the two hour reception not just an hour like I was going to originally. I had a blast. I think I just let loose during the reception it was such a relief that it was over. I got sick during the muster drill. Me, liquor, and heat do not mix well. I don’t think I had that much to drink. But I got so hot dancing then having to go to the muster drill with a crowd of people was even hotter. I wish I would not have been sick but at least I enjoyed my wedding.



General Review of overall cruise:

The cruise was ok. I do not think I am a Cruise person. I have heard you are either a Cruise person or not a Cruise person. As mentioned before I got sick during the muster drill. Plus that night the seas were angry my friend (quote from George on Seinfeld). I went to dinner that night but went straight back to bed. I felt bad for Jason because he was just walking around by himself. He did bump into his brother and hung out with him. But I do regret that I was so sick. We were rocking so badly that night that I wound up getting sea sick on top of already not feeling good. Plus the removal of the stress I could finally not have to worry. I pretty much was nonfunctional until Saturday afternoon (2nd day). I took two Dramamine and then we both took a nap after that I was ok. The weather was bad most of the time. Friday night was very rough. One of our waiter said that it was the worst he has seen it in awhile! My SIL had to go to the ER that night to get a shot and some pills. Saturday morning we woke up as our ship was participating in a Search and Rescue. Someone on another boat went over board and our cruise ship was required to help the Coast Guard. Since the weather was so bad we did not get to go to CocoCay Saturday (the main place I wanted to go). Being on the ship for that long was not fun. We tried to lay out at the pool but it was so windy and cold that we just decided to go inside. We did get to go to Nassau early. We got to Nassau around 4 Saturday. We got off the boat and walked around a lot. I was so happy to be on dry land! Nassau was ok. The side where cruise ships are is not that nice. The straw market was so packed we only went on two rows. If you are looking for fake purse that is the place to go. We went back to the boat for dinner. We were going to eat in Nassau but we could not find a decent restaurant. We just ate at the Windjammer. The food at the Windjammer is just as good if not better than the main dining room. Plus it was formal night and I did not want to have to dress up. Sunday was the best day. We went to the beach on the other side of the island (Paradise Island) and it is soooooo much nicer on that side. It is where Atlantis is. We were dropped off at Atlantis and walked to a beach. The waves were 10 feet so we could not swim. It was a little cold too. We sat on the beach for an hour and half. The whole time every 15 minutes someone would walk by waiting to sell you something. Pretty girl want her hair braided. It was annoying. The whole time we were in Nassau everyone was asking us to buy something. We got back to the boat a little early because I wanted to make sure that I got a good chair at the pool. I did. We were by DH’s aunts and uncle. Plus my family was a little ways down so I could go hang out with them too. It was a little rough when we first start leaving but the seas smoothed out and it was nice. Plus it was actually hot. After hanging out at the pool we went and played Bingo. It was ok. I would not play again. Disembarking was easy. We had to carry a ton of stuff off but the cruise terminal people were allowing us to use the elevator.

The boat we were on was a party boat. The sexy legs contest turned into the sexy lap dance contest. Some girl showed her *ss. I need to go on an old person cruise. I am going to try a cruise one more time. It was a lot of fun having everyone on the cruise. Everyone did their own thing but could do stuff together if they wanted too.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Tami Seems like you had a great wedding but a not so great cruise. I wish the weather had been better for you. Loved you pics looked like you had fun none the less.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...