• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Amarillis

Amarillis
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere
    Hi ladies, Oh one other thing I am not sure if this makes a difference but this is FI second marriage he is 47 and my first I am 40. We have lived together practically the whole time and we have two kids (7 & 10). Thanks any help you can give.
    I realize I am too late for this comment, but thought I'd throw it out there...

Why don't you note your children in the invite - i recently got one from a girlfriend and it went something like this

Bobby and Annie cordially invite you to the marriage of their parents

Jane Doe
    and
    Robert Smith

May 10, 2009

I think this is the solution...

As for paying for your own shower.... I DON'T THINK SO. I don't know what the solution to this is, maybe suggest your mom plan it somewhere inexpensive, i.e. at church, using the ladies auxillary from the church to assist.

#12 julzcabo

julzcabo
    • 37 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

I like the idea of putting the name at the bottom of the invite. You could also avoid putting parents names on the actual invite and just attached a separate sheet with the names of the paprents, bridesmaids and groomsmen, it's one way to keep things peaceful. It's probably not traditional, but it's your wedding and you can do whatever you want! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users