• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hi Girls - I just read on Trip Advisor that Kona Village will be closing over the next year or two for a complete facelife - yikes! Does anybody know anything about this? I'd hate for it to be closed during our honeymoon. Just thought I'd check because I'm sure Trip Advisor isn't exactly the most relialbe source of information...

#12 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by *Heather*
      Hi Girls - I just read on Trip Advisor that Kona Village will be closing over the next year or two for a complete facelife - yikes! Does anybody know anything about this? I'd hate for it to be closed during our honeymoon. Just thought I'd check because I'm sure Trip Advisor isn't exactly the most relialbe source of information...
      heather - i haven't heard anything but can email my contact there if you want?

#13 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

That would be amazing! I'm sure LoveMyFireman would be interested as well, if she's thinking about having her wedding there. It just makes me nervous about the timing!

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by *Heather*
          That would be amazing! I'm sure LoveMyFireman would be interested as well, if she's thinking about having her wedding there. It just makes me nervous about the timing!
          Heather - i just heard back from Tracie at Kona Village -she said you can contact her directly with any questions about renovations, honeymoon, whatever questions!

*also Katie and anyone else who is interested*

here is her contact info...

Tracie Brewer
          Kona Village Resort
          1-808-325-4374
          tracie@konavillage.com

#15 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Thanks so much Alyssa!

#16 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Just an FYI that they are only confirming reservations up until Aug 31, 2009 at this point, but they should know more about when the renovation is starting within the next 60 days. I'll post here when I hear anything!

#17 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

keep us updated i really hope you can still go for your Honeymoon!

#18 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

Me too, me too! I'm worried though that even if we can squeeze in before the renovation, they might not be taking as great of care of the place if they know it's about to be renovated. But on the other hand we might be able to get a great deal. We don't know what to do now

#19 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

tricky heather! i would definitely stay in touch wih Tracie - she is awesome and will be honest with you!!

#20 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I just got the best news! Eric from Kona Village just emailed me to tell me that they are now accepting reservations until January 2010, so we can still go there for our honeymoon! I just thought I would post that here in case any other potential brides are interested in this hotel.

Woooo! So excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users