Feeling Guilty about having a wedding in Maui?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

I have to find my planning thread which lists everything. But off the top of my head we included:

Bottled water from Costco
    Various snacks from Costco
    Hand Sanitizer
    Flip Flop sticky notes
    First Aid Kits
    Coin Purses
    Travel size: immodium, pepto bismol, tylenol, advil

Kids bags:
    Make your own bracelet packs
    Magnet packs
    Beach Balls
    Flip Flop sticky notes

Originally Posted by Cotton114

Chiquita, I am putting together (or trying to) my OOT bag stuff....what all did you include?? Thanks so much!

#12 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

Here is my planning thread.. the pics are gone for some reason but I have listed everything I put in the bags as well as other planning stuff :)

#13 da.shmoopies

• 223 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

We were made to feel guilty by my fiance's parents (who originally said they wouldn't go). It hurt John incredibly, but he said this was the wedding we wanted and that was that! His parents eventually changed their minds.

Our reasoning for having a Destination Wedding was that we didn't want a big hoohaa. We wanted something simple and memorable for everyone. By going away for a week and have an intimate party, we will be able to spend quality time with everyone, instead of a few moments when we drop by their tables. You know what I mean?

Even in "this economy," we have plenty of folks going! Everyone wants an excuse for a vacation... and they'd have to spend the money to come and stay even if we had a local wedding. We'll have an At Home Reception to make it up to those that aren't there... it's amazing how much cheaper prices are for things when the word "wedding" isn't attached. lol

Have a wonderful wedding the way you want it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users