Pool Side Weddings?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

• 646 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:01 PM

Definitely find out if they allow outside coordinators. Get a really good grasp on whether the RIU responds to you. I didn't even go to see them because I spent two weeks trying to get them to respond to my request for an appointment.

Trust me - the MOST frustrating thing that you will experience is when a vendor goes non-responsive. You really don't want it to be your hotel wedding coordinator. I have been really lucky in this area.

FYI - Dreams was very responsive to me. I didn't select them, but I can say that I appreciated their communication.
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#22 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

natasha is right...riu is known for being flaky and have caused many brides to get frustrated with their lack of communication...planning a wedding is tough...planning a wedding in another country where they speak a different language is alot tougher...remember that.

also there is a recent riu review where the bride was really unhappy with her wedding...it was posted on tripadvisors. one other thing...one of the main complaints of riu is that it is very crowded...a photographer has told us that and many WC's...i can imagine a poolside wedding probably has more people than their wedding spots...the last thing i would want is a bunch of people in bathing suits wacthing my wedding and in my wedding pictures.

not trying to poo poo riu but you just need to be aware of these things.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#23 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

I thought something might have been fishy with destinationweddings.com when I came to this site and hadn't seen one person mention them. Thanks.

Um... No way in HE#* do I want a bunch of people in bathing suits splashing around while my wedding is taking place. I guess I have some research to do.

I cant wait to hear back from the newest Riu bride. I think that will tell me a lot.

Thanks everyone - Jackie
      PS. I'm thinking the gazebo might just be a safer bet either at RIU or Dreams. They are still absolutely gorgeous and there has to be a reason why more people aren't doing poolside ceremony's.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users