Photo

Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Brides?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tlogan00

tlogan00
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

I was looking at the Bluebay Grand Esmeralda and wondering if anyone getting married or has already gotten married at this resort. I'm looking for reviews and opinions on this property.

#2 Nurse2005

Nurse2005
    • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

I will be heading there in a week. Our wedding is April 30. So I will definitely post a review when we return.

#3 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
      • 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

It was one of my top choices but I talked to a few travel agents and read lots of reviews that all say that the ocean in that area is horrible, brown and mucky. I guess the resort is built on a mangrove and when the resort took over they agreed to leave some of it as part of the environmental preservation program happening in the area. Apparently thats what causes the mucky water. Other than that, it looks perfect.

#4 tlogan00

tlogan00
        • 224 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nurse2005
          I will be heading there in a week. Our wedding is April 30. So I will definitely post a review when we return.
          Please, please provide pictures and reviews once you return. I wish you the best on April 30!!!

#5 tlogan00

tlogan00
          • 224 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MayBride2010
            It was one of my top choices but I talked to a few travel agents and read lots of reviews that all say that the ocean in that area is horrible, brown and mucky. I guess the resort is built on a mangrove and when the resort took over they agreed to leave some of it as part of the environmental preservation program happening in the area. Apparently thats what causes the mucky water. Other than that, it looks perfect.
            I've seen some of the same reviews but, it's hard to find a really nice resort that accommodate children and that's why Bluebay stood out for me.

#6 Gina

Gina
            • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

Just returned from a site inspection at Blue Bay. The resort was pretty but seemed a little stuffy. It really didnt seem cozy. True I had a hard time getting Candy to respond as well when booking my appointment for the visit. I am noticing that the price including airfare on travelocity is really cheap. I am looking for a place that offers a little bit cozier atmosphere. The beach location that is set up for the wedding was beautiful. There is a French restaurant on the resort as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users