Question for brides married at Palace Resorts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hello-
    We leave next week for our wedding at Beach Palace. I am trying to figure out who I should tip and how much. For those of you that have been married at a Palace Resort, can you please give me some advice? Here's who I think is going to want a tip
    Wedding Planner
    Justice of the Peace
    Musicians to play during ceremony
    Drink Servers during during cocktail reception
    DJ for cocktail reception
    Spa services- mani/pedi/hair and makeup
    Have I forgot anyone?

I ran a search through some of the fourms, but I thought that I would ask the Palace Brides. Any thoughts/info would be great!
    Thank you,
    Laura

#2 chocolatedrop04

chocolatedrop04
    • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

This is what someone posted about tipping. Hope it helps

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cutierosie
      Hi everyone,

I just had my beach wedding at the Moon Palace and it was absolutely gorgeous. I am working on my review right now and will post pictures that people took of our wedding with my review. I am taking my time to post the review because nobody has posted a review of a beach wedding, so I want to make it detailed and make sure I post pics. For those that are getting married there, you made an Excellent choice, I checked out many other resorts while there, and this one is absolutely the best for Weddings!! They have a mastery over weddings!

P.S. Tina, I brought my wedding coordinator a welcome gift (Jewelry, and a wedding favor), and on my way out I gave her a card and $60 dollars and two wedding favors for her assistants, I am also going to send her pictures of the table set up that she wanted. I didn't know how much to tip, but it was the only money I had left on my way out, I feel guilty because I wanted to give her more. I also tipped every server at the reception 100 pesos and the DJ 200 pesos each. I also tipped every server at the rehearsal dinner 50 pesos each (there were about 4-5 of them)

#3 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
      • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

Thanks for the information! I will post when I get back what I ended up doing for tips.

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

We tipped all the people you listed...WC was like $50-100, can't remember......and the massage/hair people were $10-$15..........everyone else, I just tipped what I normally would in the US - keeping in mind that they make so little - and everyone was SO accomodating, so we tipped extra for that too.

#5 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
          • 127 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

Here is what we did in regards to tips:
            wedding planner $50
            justice of the peace $0
            Musicians playing during ceremony $40 ($20 each)
            Drink Servers during private reception $100 ($20x5)
            DJ $25
            Spa Services $90 (about 15% of total bill.. they did a great job and we had lots of stuff done)

Not sure if it was too much or too little, but this is what we did.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lauraandmatt
            Hello-
            We leave next week for our wedding at Beach Palace. I am trying to figure out who I should tip and how much. For those of you that have been married at a Palace Resort, can you please give me some advice? Here's who I think is going to want a tip
            Wedding Planner
            Justice of the Peace
            Musicians to play during ceremony
            Drink Servers during during cocktail reception
            DJ for cocktail reception
            Spa services- mani/pedi/hair and makeup
            Have I forgot anyone?

I ran a search through some of the fourms, but I thought that I would ask the Palace Brides. Any thoughts/info would be great!
            Thank you,
            Laura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users