Sign in to follow this  
Jacqueline

IAMS pet food- animal testing!

I was talking with kristendotcom about what I feed my cats and the topic came up about IAMS doing animals testing, but I didn't think it was true. Well this censored.gif article was found! I wish I would have known this before but better late than never! I know it says they have made changes in their testing programs however I'm still not buying it.

Why Iams? | IamsCruelty.com

My vet told me that Iams is just as bad as feeding your pet Purina. Basically he was saying it was junk food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
My vet told me that Iams is just as bad as feeding your pet Purina. Basically he was saying it was junk food.
NO WAY I had NO idea. I always thought it was one of the better foods.

My pet store told me that basically any pet food company that can have big commercials on tv (or big marketing campaigns) is crap food and they should be avoided. I read all the ingredients carefully on the packaging before I buy cause you just never know!

That is what I thought but our vet said they were all pretty much junk. He recoomended some natural foods from specialty stores, Nutros from Petsmart or His vet food which i think was science diet, but it was a system of numbers and letters. ( sorry I cant remember better).

We ended up doing Nutros route becasue we have one by the house and it was way more convenient than trying to buy food with in the vets hours. It is like $39 for a 40lb bag for dog food. I hope they do not do animal testing ??

NUTRO® Premium Pet Food for Dogs and Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
That is what I thought but our vet said they were all pretty much junk. He recoomended some natural foods from specialty stores, Nutros from Petsmart or His vet food which i think was science diet, but it was a system of numbers and letters. ( sorry I cant remember better).

We ended up doing Nutros route becasue we have one by the house and it was way more convenient than trying to buy food with in the vets hours. It is like $39 for a 40lb bag for dog food. I hope they do not do animal testing ??

NUTRO® Premium Pet Food for Dogs and Cats
I used to work at petsmart a few years back when i was in school and they had a brand and i can not remember it for the life of me, but i do think it was the nutros. i wonder if i should go back to that. i fed that to them for a few months, but went back to iams. is it a white bag some has purple writing and some has like a teal color writing?