IAMS pet food- animal testing!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

I was talking with kristendotcom about what I feed my cats and the topic came up about IAMS doing animals testing, but I didn't think it was true. Well this article was found! I wish I would have known this before but better late than never! I know it says they have made changes in their testing programs however I'm still not buying it.

Why Iams? | IamsCruelty.com

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

My vet told me that Iams is just as bad as feeding your pet Purina. Basically he was saying it was junk food.

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Erika J
        My vet told me that Iams is just as bad as feeding your pet Purina. Basically he was saying it was junk food.
        NO WAY I had NO idea. I always thought it was one of the better foods.

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

I always thought it was one of the better ones as well. Along wtih Eukanuba.

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

My pet store told me that basically any pet food company that can have big commercials on tv (or big marketing campaigns) is crap food and they should be avoided. I read all the ingredients carefully on the packaging before I buy cause you just never know!

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

That is what I thought but our vet said they were all pretty much junk. He recoomended some natural foods from specialty stores, Nutros from Petsmart or His vet food which i think was science diet, but it was a system of numbers and letters. ( sorry I cant remember better).

We ended up doing Nutros route becasue we have one by the house and it was way more convenient than trying to buy food with in the vets hours. It is like $39 for a 40lb bag for dog food. I hope they do not do animal testing ??

NUTRO® Premium Pet Food for Dogs and Cats

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

Our vet also sells the Science Diet brand which my friend buys. It's pretty good I think

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Erika J
                  That is what I thought but our vet said they were all pretty much junk. He recoomended some natural foods from specialty stores, Nutros from Petsmart or His vet food which i think was science diet, but it was a system of numbers and letters. ( sorry I cant remember better).

We ended up doing Nutros route becasue we have one by the house and it was way more convenient than trying to buy food with in the vets hours. It is like $39 for a 40lb bag for dog food. I hope they do not do animal testing ??

NUTRO® Premium Pet Food for Dogs and Cats
                  I used to work at petsmart a few years back when i was in school and they had a brand and i can not remember it for the life of me, but i do think it was the nutros. i wonder if i should go back to that. i fed that to them for a few months, but went back to iams. is it a white bag some has purple writing and some has like a teal color writing?

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

duh its not the same, i just looked at the link you posted and its not the bag. let me see if i can find it..

#10 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

here is what i used to get, authority! Authority® Hairball Control/Weight Management Formula Cat Food - Food Center - Cat - PetSmart

i am going to research it more though b/c in trying to find this i saw there are some issues and lawsuits with this brand.. ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users