Playacar Palace

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am desperatley seeking other brides that are considering getting married here or have been married at PP. All I could find were some old posts about it. If anyone can give any insight, it would be great.

I really love the property and the location, but am concerned that I cant find many people that have anything to say about it.
    Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#2 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
    • 127 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hello! I am getting married at Beach Palace, and I have only talked to one other bride that is getting married there. Don't let that influence your decision. Check out tripadvisor.com and see what other people have had to say about the resort.

Just an FYI, the wedding cords are very slow at getting back to future brides. Once you are about a month away, you will have no problem getting in contact with her. Since we are also staying at a Palace resort, we have the option of spending the day at that resort too. We are going to check it out.

Good luck with your planning!

#3 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
      • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Hi Lauraandmatt~
        Thank you so much, I have been checking trip advisor, they have great info on it! I was just hoping to get in touch with other brides, that experienced it first hand. Please keep me posted on your visit and I will def be waiting for you wedding review. Congratulations!
        Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#4 JOSIE

JOSIE
        • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

Tanya- I LOVED PP. I only decided agaisnt it because I was told I couldnt have more than 40 guests and my family is Italian and they all want to come. I still have this website in my favorites and it has some great pics. Good Luck & Happy Planning!

Google Image Result for http://www.resortphototour.com/master/photos/Mexico/Playa_Del_Carmen/Playacar%20Palace/Playacar_Palace_Resort_Rooms_(002).jpg

#5 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
          • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

Hi Josie~ Thanks for the info. I too am from an Italian family, and will be having about 75-80 guests, but will be having a private function. Who told you that there was a max of 40 guests? I have been in contact with DIANA MARTEN she is a Wedding Sales Assistant for the palace resorts, and hasn't mentioned a word, which is concerning. I am going to have to tell her again...thank you for the info.

#6 JOSIE

JOSIE
            • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hi Tanya,

Sorry for freaking you out! I just went back through my emails and the issue was not that the limit in general was 40, it was just that I was in love with that terrace deck thing overlooking the ocean, and that location within Playacar couldn't hold more than 40. Again, I apologize, I should have reviewed more before posting! I still love the resort and think it's absolutely gorgeous!

#7 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
              • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hey Josie~ LOL No worries, I was ready to call the WC! Did you do a site visit? What is the story with the beach? Did you get as far as pricing? Any more info you can give would be great! We plan on visiting but not until Sept and the suspense is killing me!

#8 JOSIE

JOSIE
                • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

hmmm. I didn't get as far as pricing, and also didn't do a site visit. I do have this link for a review of a wedding there, but I'm not sure if you've already seen it!

Perfect Wedding at Playacar Palace - Review of Playacar Palace Reviews, Playa del Carmen, Mexico - TripAdvisor

That will be AWESOME to go there in Sept. I'm so jealous.

#9 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
                  • 334 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Thanks!!! Yes I saw that one on trip Advisor, I actually emailed that person LOL asking questions but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Hopefully I will get some more info over the next few months. Thanks again!!! Happy Planning!

#10 jlj1176

jlj1176
                    • 100 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hello,

I am not getting married at the Playacar Palace (we are going with the Iberostar). However, I stayed at the Adventura Spa Palace for a week last May. Since the Palace resorts are linked we did spend an afternoon at the Playacar Palace and had dinner at their Italian restaurant. The resort was BEAUTIFUL! I have some pictures (maybe 5 or 6) of our time spend there. If you would like to see them shoot me an email at jlj1176@yahoo.com.

If you decide on the Playacar Palace I am sure you will be very pleased with your decision!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users