• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

I think my mom wants to see me in a veil, so if I can find a nice inexpensive one I like I'll wear it. I'm sort of indifferent, so if it makes her happy I might as well do it. I think they look nice in the wedding pictures too blowing in the wind.

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

Mine was $75 and I cannot understand why, it's just a piece of material. But, like you said, it's "wedding" so they can charge more. I am totally selling everything wedding-related on ebay after May!

#13 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
      • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:11 PM

The fabric and beading for my veil was $125. My aunt is making it and my mom is beading it. The material is lace though, so I didn't mind spending that much.
        Brittney & Peter
        July 12, 2008
        Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#14 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

I bought a nice veil for $31, but today, I fell in love with a veil that is $170. My mistake was asking FH if I could buy it. He of course said no, its a lot for a veil. I did not tell him I already had one and he still said no. Oh well, I will keep working on it, cause I loved it.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Julesr
            I bought a nice veil for $31, but today, I fell in love with a veil that is $170. My mistake was asking FH if I could buy it. He of course said no, its a lot for a veil. I did not tell him I already had one and he still said no. Oh well, I will keep working on it, cause I loved it.
            So what makes the $170 nicer? Is it the way it feels or the detailing on it? Maybe if you know the brand you can find it on ebay for less. Or check out the custom made veils & see if you can get something like it made.

#16 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              So what makes the $170 nicer? Is it the way it feels or the detailing on it? Maybe if you know the brand you can find it on ebay for less. Or check out the custom made veils & see if you can get something like it made.
              It is the veil I wanted to begin with. It has mantilla lace on it, and it just the right width of lace and the colour is perfect and it has some silver detailing. I don't know the brand, I never asked. Good point, I should have asked.

FYI, I looked and could not find a veil like this that I loved anywhere. It just happend that the a/c was out at the bridal salon today. I went with my BM to pick up her dress. So, we had to go to the cooler change rooms and they are beside the veils and headpieces that I never even knew existed in this store. So, I saw it and fell in love.

#17 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

Quote:
                It is the veil I wanted to begin with. It has mantilla lace on it, and it just the right width of lace and the colour is perfect and it has some silver detailing. I don't know the brand, I never asked. Good point, I should have asked.

FYI, I looked and could not find a veil like this that I loved anywhere. It just happend that the a/c was out at the bridal salon today. I went with my BM to pick up her dress. So, we had to go to the cooler change rooms and they are beside the veils and headpieces that I never even knew existed in this store. So, I saw it and fell in love.
                that website that Ann posted can match the lace from your dress to the veil. I'm pretty sure I'm getting my veil through that vendors. I've read so many great reviews! (I need to find my dress first!)

#18 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amyh
                  that website that Ann posted can match the lace from your dress to the veil. I'm pretty sure I'm getting my veil through that vendors. I've read so many great reviews! (I need to find my dress first!)
                  How would they match it though? I don't know what its called or anything. I just like the mantilla lace veils, I never thought it was possible to actually match it to my dress.

#19 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

Quote:
                    How would they match it though? I don't know what its called or anything. I just like the mantilla lace veils, I never thought it was possible to actually match it to my dress.
                    they ask that you send pictures of your dress and they can find a lace similar to it. Or if you can find the lace you like, i'm sure you can send it to them??

#20 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amyh
                      they ask that you send pictures of your dress and they can find a lace similar to it. Or if you can find the lace you like, i'm sure you can send it to them??
                      That is a great idea. But, problem number 2 is how long does it take and do the deliver to Canada for a reasonable price. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users