Photo

Makeup Artists?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

I've looked all throughout the DR forum and didn't see any topics about makeup. For past or future DR brides, who did you use/will you use to do your makeup? I'm a makeup fanatic, so I could definitely do it myself but I would prefer to hire someone to do it. Any suggestions?

#2 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
    • 268 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

I am getting married at Excellence. When I went in October to start the planning I had my make up done at the resort because I had the same concern. She did an ok job just not my style. She didn't really understand the language well so it was hard for me. I am going to have a good friend who is an esthetician with us for the wedding and she will be doing out make up. Your hotel may have a make up artist in the spa.

#3 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
      • 327 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, I am considering the resort's spa, but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone that was 100% happy with their resort's makeup artist. My resort does have the option of having an artist come to the resort to do your makeup but it's for a min. of 4 people, which I don't have and also it costs $800 which I wouldn't pay. Oh well, I guess I'm on my own. You're so lucky your friend does makeup!

#4 blushingbride

blushingbride
        • 366 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

I will either do it at the resort or I'm considering checking out one of MAC's Studio Talk sessions geared towards bridal make-up and if they have some good suggestions, I will do my own. YouTube also has great tutorials on how to do your own! Unfortunately, it will just be the FI and me, so I won't have anyone with me to do it.

#5 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

I am planning on having the resorts spa do my hair and makeup. That being said, I will probably also go to a makeup counter (e.g MAC or something like that) with either my MOH or one of my BM's to get my makeup done and buy a few things. That way, if I am not completely satisfied with what the resort does; I have a backup option and someone who was there when I had a trial who can help me.

#6 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
            • 327 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by blushingbride
              I will either do it at the resort or I'm considering checking out one of MAC's Studio Talk sessions geared towards bridal make-up and if they have some good suggestions, I will do my own. YouTube also has great tutorials on how to do your own! Unfortunately, it will just be the FI and me, so I won't have anyone with me to do it.
              Are the Studio Talk sessions an online thing or a store thing?

#7 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
              • 327 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sunsetbride1
                I am planning on having the resorts spa do my hair and makeup. That being said, I will probably also go to a makeup counter (e.g MAC or something like that) with either my MOH or one of my BM's to get my makeup done and buy a few things. That way, if I am not completely satisfied with what the resort does; I have a backup option and someone who was there when I had a trial who can help me.
                Yeah, I think I will go to a makeup counter and take a makeup inspiration picture, and let them pick out some colors for me. I'll probably end up doing it myself.

#8 blushingbride

blushingbride
                • 366 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                  Are the Studio Talk sessions an online thing or a store thing?
                  Studio Talks are held by a MAC professional who goes into your local department store counter and they taach you how to apply all the season's hot make-up trends as well as basic make-up techniques. I have a few friends who have gone and they have learned good tips. I also read online that they have some that are geared towards bridal makeup, so I want to check one of those out.
                  If your interested, you can check out the dates for your local event on MAC's website. I believe there is a cost associated with one of these, but you can apply the cost to make-up afterwards, so it's almost like you're walking out with free make-up or a free class, which ever way you look at it.

#9 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                  • 327 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

thanks blushingbride, I just looked on their website, they have a few coming up soon in my area. It didn't say that it was for bridal makeup specifically but I may still go check one out. Thanks again!

#10 blushingbride

blushingbride
                    • 366 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                      thanks blushingbride, I just looked on their website, they have a few coming up soon in my area. It didn't say that it was for bridal makeup specifically but I may still go check one out. Thanks again!
                      Hi iwantadreamswedding,

You're very welcome! On their website, they just show the events for the Studio Talk. I chatted with a live rep, and she told me I would have to call up the stores and find out if they are bridal-specific so I have to set aside some time this week to find out. The first one in my area is in 2 weeks. Apparently, they book up quickly.
                      If you go, let me know how you like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users