Sign in to follow this  
lil_miss_frogg

Is it SO hard to ask.....GEESH!

Okay...so I loaned a book to a co-worker of mine back at the beginning of February...yes February! Keep in mind this is a book that I have read once.....in perfect condition. She emails me this morning to see if I am here so she can bring me my book. I shot her an email back right before lunch and told her I was here but would be out at lunch and she could just leave the book on my desk. I get back to my desk and see the book.......it is covered with stains all over it and pages folded down. Is it so hard to ask that you return something in the same condition that it was in when it was loaned!?! This just bursts my bubble!

Some people just have no respect for other people's property!

All I can say is remember to loan her anything again if you want it back in decent shape!

What book by the way?? I'm looking for a new read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
What book by the way?? I'm looking for a new read!!!
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty: The First of the Classic Erotic Trilogy of Sleeping Beauty....by Anne Rice (writting as A.N Roquelaure)

Ohhhh...I LOVE ANNE RICE!!! Although, I've never read her stuff as A.N Roquelaure. I've read the entire Vampire Chronicles though...yes, all nine of them!! I might have to start that series...how was it??

It is an excellent series! The first book is the best, IMO. The first is VERY erotic. The first time i read these books I was like 16 and found them in my mom's library (her closet) and thought they would be interesting because I too LOVE Anne Rice. My mom saw me reading them and was like....you can't read those....I was like to late...I'm on the third book. She giggled and walked away. Then last year I asked to borrow them from her so I could read them again and she just went out and bought me the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Hmmmm...I don't know if I'm into VERY erotic books...but who knows - maybe it'll spice things up in the old boudoir!!!!
smile120.gif
I'm not into any erotic books...and I didn't know that they were erotic books when I first read them. But in the first like two pages it's all 'he lunged his 'member' into blah blah blah' you get the point! I was like...do I read past this part....or put it down. The further you read the harder it is to put down....which is how it is with any good book...IMO. My FI asked me to read them to him at night (because he HATES reading with a passion but sees how um...into the mood after I put the book down)....then he gets all frisky.

i dont think that its too much to ask .. but some people just dont understand what it means to keep things the way you got them..

if you like anne rice.. have you checked out the Twilight series yet? .. i really didnt think id like them.. but i Loved them!! ... Bachatabride, if your not too into erotic.. this series is a little bit softer.. doesnt get very 'informative' til the last book! :)

I just borrow a book from someone and I have been so careful not to fold the pages or crease the binding. Too bad other people are not as careful, you would expect them to be. I'm amazed she even returned it!

She is the same person that ruins the library books and writes in the margins and puts coffee cup rings on the pages!