Christa Butler in Minnesota

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

Ok, I emailed Christa Butler and here is the scoop:

She lives in Rochester and would be willing to waive the traveling fee to come up to the cities to do a shoot. She recommended maybe reserving a nice hotel room, and if we could get a couple of girls, she would do our shoots in 1-2 hour sessions....
    What do you guys think? If we could get a couple of girls, I bet the room would only cost about 25.00 per person...
    She also mentioned that the earliest she is available is mid-July, which is perfect for me- maybe drop a couple of lbs. by then. :)

Please let me know if you are interested at all so I can book with her!

Christa Butler

Product and Pricing Information
    Single session
    Baby & Children
    Family (up to 4 persons, additional person at $25 each)
    After-wedding portraits
    $250 with $100 product credits
    $600 with $600 product credits
    $1000 with $1100 product credits + a set of proofs
    n order to be rewarded the extra credits for the $500 or $1000 session, as with the $250 session,
    payment in full is due at the beginning of the session (checks or money order).
    According to MN law, sales tax of 7% must be collected. E.g. $250 + 7% = $267.50
    Pricing is subject to change without notice. However, current pricing for your session will be
    guaranteed for 3 months after your session.
    Credits must be used within 1 month after proofs are presented or it will be forfeited.

Also, let me know if you have any questions.

#2 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

Christa just emailed me and mentioned that she would waive the traveling fees, and she would pay for the hotel room if we could get a total of 4 girls to book the session (she is researching hotels to find a classy hotel).... I am in! Anybody else interested in boudior photos near Minneapolis?? It's a great deal!!

#3 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

i totally would if i hadn't already done them with Leigh! i will talk to my friend who got married this past weekend - she wanted to do them before the wedding but didn't get the chance. she's on her honeymoon - but she may be interested when she gets back!

#4 Lizzy

• 501 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Hi, Maggie's mom here. I know she is interested in the IDEA of b-pictures, but I don't know if she can do it this summer or not. She and Tadd are up on the North Shore this weekend, so I will talk to her when they get back. For now, I am once again gathering information. Have you seen any of this photog's work? Is the quote per person or is it to be divided b/w the number of girls you have? Where do you get ideas on "outfits"?
          You know, maybe the Nicolet Island Inn would be a cool place to do it. Or maybe someone knows an artist who lives in the artist lofts downtown St. Paul.
          Well, thanks for allowing my research. I appreciate it.

PS: Ann, how is the new house doing? I haven't seen you at the mall yet...
          next Saturday we are having Macy's national makeup artist come to do consultations and makeup. You should make an appointment for your wedding look. I hear she is quite a character and extremely talented. It might be kind of fun and I would love to meet you in person.??

For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#5 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

Great.. I hope she wants to!! The above quotes are for a single person. I am thinking about doing the 250.00 with the 100.00 photo credits. I really hope this works out since she is willing to pay for the room and traveling fees!! If it works for her later maybe this fall, I will still do it. I am not getting married until January.
            She has a website Christa Butler,, and Leigh Miller recommended her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users