Sign in to follow this  
amberdgraham

Excellence Punta Cana Brides Thread

Boston Bride you must be getting so excited. I recently got a email from Mercy asking me a ton of questions and it made me so excited. A couple questions before you go are you having the officiant at the resort marry you and are you writing your own ceremony or using theirs? Where are you having your reception? I had my heart set on the cascade pool because it would be nice to change the scene from a beach wedding but it has to end at 10pm cuz of the musicsad.gif I really wanted to extend the reception to 11pm esp since I have DJ Mannia booked for 4 hours and would only need him from 7-10 (Caribbean trio for cocktail hour 6-7 and wedding at 5pm) I dont know what to do... Cant wait to hear what you or anyone else is doing??

Nbulldog,

I am super excited now...it's been a little rough going these past few weeks as my grandmother passed away on 10/31. But I'm back on track for now.

We are having Rick York oversee our ceremony. We are pretty much using his ceremony but are tweaking a few things. We also wrote our own vows.

We are having our reception at the cascade pool. This has been a little bit of a mess and is being worked out. I wanted to have our ceremony at 4 because of the sunsetting and pictures (I'm suprising my DH with flying in a photog so want as many pics as possible) but you can't start the reception at the pool until 7 which doesn't really work if our ceremony is at 4. We don't want the reception at the beach because we want to dance and notbe all sandy...and I love the shoes I bought for the reception (and they were expensive). Even if you have your reception on the beach I believe it can only go until 10 but you can start earlier (6-10) so you have your 4 hours.

Let me know if you have any other questions

I have to tell you girls Mercy is wonderful. She has sent me a ton of new pictures of bouquets, cakes, decorations, set up to select from. She has gone through every single detail with me. What impressed us the most is that she called our house on Sunday to make sure that we have everything answered before we go. She spoke with Benny in espanol so I don't know exactly what she said but Benny was very impressed with her (he isn't impressed easliy let me tell you). She wanted to make sure she had our menu selections so that we can take priority with the chefs. She has answered every email I've sent her within a day or two. Absolutely fantastic.

We leave in less than a week. SO exciting!!!

Just an FYI I did post my planning thread and OOT bags.

I cannot wait til you get back BostonBride and hear all about your wedding. It is coming so fast, can you email me the new pictures? nbulldog19@hotmail.com, I too am getting so excited and my wedding isnt til April. I am heading to Boston on thursday for thanksgiving and my bridal shower, a little early but wanted to get it done while I am home. What are you using for music? DJ? IPOD? Best of luck, have a phenomenal wedding and take lots of pics!

xoxo

Nicole

ps BostonBride...I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I just saw her picture in your planning thread. I too just lost my dad unexpectedly and know how hard it is to lose someone so close, but they will definitely be their with us in spirit. If your grandmother is anything like my dad, she wouldnt miss it for the world. Have a great wedding!

Nicole

BostonBride,

Sorry for your loss, but you know that she is smiling down on you and Benny from Heaven. She will be there for you in spirit.

Let us know how everything went, we are waiting for a trip report on pins and needles.

Nikki

I just posted some pics. All I have to say is AMAZINGGGGG...just perfect.

I have some bad news though. Mercy was beyond perfect. She did everything that I asked her to do (which was A LOT) and more. But, we were her last wedding. Her last day at Excellence was the day after our wedding. She is starting her own wedding planning business. You have nothing to worry about though because the vendors the resort uses are just wonderful and so professional. I'm sure they won't miss a beat.

I'll write a full review when I get caught up with life and have more pics from our photographer.

I still can't believe that our wedding was so perfect and the most fun I've ever had. WOW!!!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...0/#post1093031

To tell you the truth I was pissssed and still am. My dad always manages to drop the ball on the most important things in my life. Benny was really great at helping me forget about it though and just focus on all of our friends/family that were going, how wonderful everything was going to be. When we were there I was having so much fun that I didn't really think about it. I think my situation is a little different though because my relationship with my dad has always been strained. The sad part is I was just opening up to him more and making the effort and then this. I'm done...no more. I'm tired of being disappointed. He says that he "had" to go but I can't believe that his employer would say no you can't go to your daughters wedding even though you have had it planned for over a year AND he has been working for the same company for 30 years....don't believe it for one minute.

I had an amazing time at my wedding and that is what is most important.