Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall


  • Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#101 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
  • Site Supporter
  • 340 posts

    Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

    Thank you so much.... he sounds great! I will be in contact today!



    #102 Lezlie719

    Lezlie719
    • Site Supporter
    • 5 posts

      Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

      I am a Grand bride too July 29th, 2011 with 62 people booked!  I went for a site visit and became frustrated with some of the package details and charges!  If any of you have any questions regarding the hotel let me know and I will answer them!



      #103 susan1672

      susan1672
      • Vendor
      • 231 posts

        Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

        Did anyone get a good group rate for the hotel for their guests? Our wedding is in June 2012 and the lowest quote we could get was $960 for 4 nights and that doesn't include airfare. This just seems really high to me, especially since we are booking way far in advance. I know the rate is going to drop at some point and my TA said she could renegotiate but I am just nervous. I don't want my guests paying that much!

         

         



        #104 Lezlie719

        Lezlie719
        • Site Supporter
        • 5 posts

          Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

          My guests are paying and got quoted at $980 and that was back in February so I think it has gone up a little bit.  And that wasn't including flight either. I would be surprised if it was much cheaper but I did see one of the other brides say they got their guests a rate of $200 a night which is a coupe hundred cheaper than my guests are paying.  Let me know if you get quoted a lower rate!



          #105 Tropical Love

          Tropical Love
          • Site Supporter
          • 171 posts

            Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

            Yeah, you are absolutely correct about the fees. I wish my fiance and I would have had the time to visit and check out everything...especially all the details and charges. We thought we may save some money having a destination wedding,we were so wrong!  I hate the fact that the $3000 for the wedding ceremony only covers what ...10 people and it's an extra $20 per person. I having almost 60 people. I refuse to pay another $1000 (and what doe's the additional $20 pp cover anyway..chairs, cake, champagne.... what?  Oh and them saying "prices are subject to change without notice!" what's up with that? That really pisses me off.

             

            I may have done it a little different, if I wasn't so excited about going to Jamaica. If I could do it all over again, I may have just stayed in NY for the wedding and honeymooned at Iberostar.

            Oh, and what's the deal with charging people who are in your group but are staying at the Suites? I think that is so wrong. My cousin who is my maid of honor has kids, so she's staying down there, but her parents and the rest of the family is staying at the Grand. I feel horrible asking her and her husband to pay each day for day passes. I was told by Janielle that I would be able to get a discounted rate of $50 per person. *thanks for a little break*

             

            Originally Posted by Lezlie719 

            I am a Grand bride too July 29th, 2011 with 62 people booked!  I went for a site visit and became frustrated with some of the package details and charges!  If any of you have any questions regarding the hotel let me know and I will answer them!



             



            #106 Tropical Love

            Tropical Love
            • Site Supporter
            • 171 posts

              Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

              For the brides that are having their reception at Port Maria...are you going with the included buffet or a sit down dinner?



              #107 Tropical Love

              Tropical Love
              • Site Supporter
              • 171 posts

                Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

                Susan- my quote was $859 for 5 days/4 nights arriving Oct 18, 2011. Maybe your rate is higher because it's in June. Or maybe mine is less because it's the end of hurrican season

                 

                Originally Posted by susan1672 

                Did anyone get a good group rate for the hotel for their guests? Our wedding is in June 2012 and the lowest quote we could get was $960 for 4 nights and that doesn't include airfare. This just seems really high to me, especially since we are booking way far in advance. I know the rate is going to drop at some point and my TA said she could renegotiate but I am just nervous. I don't want my guests paying that much!

                 

                 



                 



                #108 DeAngelis2be

                DeAngelis2be
                • Jr. Member
                • 349 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:24 PM



                  Buffet all the way! I just got back from a wedding in Mexico and no one was really eatting...not worth the extra $$

                  Originally Posted by Tropical Love 

                  For the brides that are having their reception at Port Maria...are you going with the included buffet or a sit down dinner?



                   



                  #109 DeAngelis2be

                  DeAngelis2be
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 349 posts

                    Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

                    Iberostar Rose Hall Grand 12/1 - 12/4/11

                    Standard Suite

                    First 3 Nights

                    Extra nights

                    Single

                    $799.00

                    $254.00

                    Double

                    $628.00

                    $200.00

                    Ocean View Suite

                    First 3 Nights

                    Extra nights

                    Single

                    $890.00

                    $291.00

                    Double

                    $719.00

                    $232.00

                    Ocean Front Suite

                    First 3 Nights

                    Extra nights

                    Single

                    $1,019.00

                    $329.00

                    Double

                    $853.00

                    $275.00

                    RATES ARE PER PERSON  



                    #110 Tropical Love

                    Tropical Love
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 171 posts

                      Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

                      I wish there was a way to instant message on here!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users