Jump to content
Sparkles8300

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Recommended Posts

I was just sent the details list for my June wedding. I am nervous to make any decisions because I am so indecisive. Is this a FINAL list? or do i have time to change my mind when I get there?

 

Thanks!

Kristi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kfarkas26,

 

I am getting married June 1, 2013 at the Grand and was just sent the same list. I emailed them back to ask if I could make changes later because I am the same way! She said the following:

 

 Am I able to make changes to my selections after I have submitted the wedding details form?Yes you can make changes the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Madison87 View Post

 

Kfarkas26,

 

I am getting married June 1, 2013 at the Grand and was just sent the same list. I emailed them back to ask if I could make changes later because I am the same way! She said the following:

 

 Am I able to make changes to my selections after I have submitted the wedding details form?Yes you can make changes the details.

Thanks so much! I emailed her a bunch of questions and she got back to me right away I am copying the email for you ladies incase you have any of the same questions! 

 

 

Hi!

 

Thank you so much for the information!

 

I have a few questions as my wedding approaches.

1. How far in advance do you need to know whether or not I will be having a seated dinner or buffet? At least a month. As of now I have exactly 50 guests. So if I go over the 50 I will be having a seated dinner for $70pp and then if I only have 49 I will do a buffet. Noted.

2. Is it possible to get a more specialized cake with different flavors and more elaborate decorations?Most definitely, the specialized cake comes with an additional charge of USD$250if so which flavorings do you offer? Once itâ€s a specialty cake itâ€s the flavor you request and we check with the chef.

3. Is there some sort of rehearsal involved in order to run through the ceremony? Most definitely. This is normally a day before. This information must be completed on the wedding detail sheet.

4. reguarding a rehearsal dinner I would like to have a small dinner with just my immediate family (about 10 people total, my future in laws will be staying at the suites because my sister in law is only 17, is it possible for them to dine with us at the grand for the rehearsal dinner? Unfortunately not as only adults will be able to dine at the Grand and for guest coming from the suites to have dinner at the Grand there is a USD$75p/p fee that applies. We can however coordinate with the managers at the suites so you can have the dinner there at no additional cost as guest at the Grand can also dine at the suites.

5.I am trying to get info for the floral arrangements with tai flora however I am not getting much response from them is there any examples of arrangements you can give me? So sorry to hear this , can you resend the last email you sent to them and copy us so we can follow up ? Please see attached a copy of their brochure.

6. I have booked Misha Earle for my photographer and she will be paying the vendor fee how does that work? We have worked with her before so she knows, she would just go to the front desk and make the payment and she will receive her band.

7. I am considering having a DJ and possible steel pan band, how do payments work with them? These will be charged to your room.

8. I have seen some pictures of Grand weddings and there are some beautiful pictures where Porta Maria is lit up pink or red or blue, How do I get this type of lighting? Our DJâ€s provide up light for the reception and they try to get the colors as close as your color scheme as possible.

9. How will the tables be set up in Porta Maria? I am planning on bringing some of my own linens and I would like to know the size and shape of the tables and how many people they fit. We have round tables that seat up to 8-10 guest comfortably, these are 6 ft. across and 3 ft. in length , and presidential tables (also called 8 ft. tables) that seat 3, these are 8ft  across by 2.5 ft. in length. Please see attached some example set ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great information!!

 

I am super excited to hear that the up lighting is included with the DJ!

 

I have been copying Iberostar on all of my emails to Tia Flora and they have been very quick to respond. I would definitely recommend that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Madison87 View Post

 

That is great information!!

 

I am super excited to hear that the up lighting is included with the DJ!

 

I have been copying Iberostar on all of my emails to Tia Flora and they have been very quick to respond. I would definitely recommend that.

If you dont mind me asking which ceremony are you doing? (free or $3000?) and what information have you gotten from tai flora? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually doing the Basic Package (1,500). I originally thought that the free package didn't include a wedding coordinator (I'm still not sure if it does) and that is why I didn't choose that one. I didn't think I would use all of the extra stuff they put in the 3,000 package. They only things I want to add that aren't in my package, but are in the 3,000 package are wedding dress pressing and hair.

 

Which package are you using?

 

I contacted Tia Flora and told them I was getting married at the Grand and that I wanted to discuss the flowers included in my package plus extra flowers for bridesmaids/groomsmen. They sent me a questionnaire to fill out and some examples of bouquets they can make that are included in the package. I sent it back and they sent me a quote that detailed the price and what flowers they would use for the bouquets. (I told them my colors were coral and aqua and they were able to customize the bouquets to match)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Madison87 View Post

 

I am actually doing the Basic Package (1,500). I originally thought that the free package didn't include a wedding coordinator (I'm still not sure if it does) and that is why I didn't choose that one. I didn't think I would use all of the extra stuff they put in the 3,000 package. They only things I want to add that aren't in my package, but are in the 3,000 package are wedding dress pressing and hair.

 

Which package are you using?

 

I contacted Tia Flora and told them I was getting married at the Grand and that I wanted to discuss the flowers included in my package plus extra flowers for bridesmaids/groomsmen. They sent me a questionnaire to fill out and some examples of bouquets they can make that are included in the package. I sent it back and they sent me a quote that detailed the price and what flowers they would use for the bouquets. (I told them my colors were coral and aqua and they were able to customize the bouquets to match)

 I am using the Grand Promises package. We are having around 50ish (maybe more) guests. I filled out the same questionnaire MONTHS ago and still no response. I am also using aqua and coral as my colors. Would you mind sending me what they sent you? my email is kfarkas26@gmail.com

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married July 2013 at the grand at the port maria and can't wait! The grand wedding coordinators have been amazing, answering questions so fast. Thanks for supplying those answers, so happy to hear about the cake!! Excited to hear back from tai flora to hear prices, would like to do white hanging lanterns, lighting and drapery on the posts, and gold chiavari chairs, white linens, and burlap runners on the tables. Has anyone heard how good the resort photographer is? Seems like everyone goes with someone else, just don't know where to begin and don't want to spend too much. Would love a photo booth setup too. Thanks! :) woo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lala7513 View Post

 

I'm getting married July 2013 at the grand at the port maria and can't wait! The grand wedding coordinators have been amazing, answering questions so fast.

 

Thanks for supplying those answers, so happy to hear about the cake!!

 

Excited to hear back from tai flora to hear prices, would like to do white hanging lanterns, lighting and drapery on the posts, and gold chiavari chairs, white linens, and burlap runners on the tables.

 

Has anyone heard how good the resort photographer is? Seems like everyone goes with someone else, just don't know where to begin and don't want to spend too much. Would love a photo booth setup too.

 

Thanks! :) woo!

When I visited in May 2012 I used the resort photographer for our engagement shoot... they were TERRIBLE, the pictures were poor quality, the lighting was bad and the poses they had us do were awkward... they were very nice BUT there is no way in hell I would trust them to shoot my wedding.  Misha Earle does AMAZING work and has a photobook option- i booked her for my June 21st wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

 

Hey past grand brides!!

Can any of you post a picture of your cake? Did you use the generic cake with the package or did you pay more for a specialty cake? thanks!!!

 

Our cake

We picked a 3-tier basic white icing, bottom layer strawberry cheesecake and top two vanilla, and spiced it up with some stuff I brought along. The Cake Topper was another DIY project. I ordered our initial and bedazzled it at home, saving $$ though taking forever to do.

- I ordered the basic D topper in silver mirror from etsy for $14.50. (though the shop seems to have closed since then, but there are other ones)

 

- Crystals from: http://myworld.ebay.com/island*girl*crystal/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 (super cheap and large quanity)

 

- Then spent hours using hotfix applicator putting the crystals on.

 

*** I also ordered the starfish and shells from: http://sugarcraft.com/ (they packed these babies AMAZINGLY!! I was so impressed with the price and how well the product was. Great service)

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×