Changing Your Name....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

• 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hi Ladies I was just wondering who is changing their last name and who is keeping the one they have? If you are keeping it or hypenating (sp) it why did you choose this?

I have always liked my last name and never thought I would change it. Not 100% sure what I will do so just asking around.
    50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#2 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Im changing it :) I dont have a middle name so Im making my current last name into my middle name to keep it

#3 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

I'm changing mine. I have to admit though that the closer the day comes, the more sad I get about not having the same name as my family. My fiance really wants me to change my name and it is a heck of a lot easier to pronounce!

#4 jamaica2009bride

• 123 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'm not changing mine. I never really considered it. I quite like my name, feel a strong connection to it, and I can't imagine going by any other. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both choices. I told my partner he was more than welcome to change his if he likes but no go lol. He is fine with me not changing my name. I guess it's a little of the feminist in me, but then again I totally understand taking a husband's name. I have no idea what our kid's last names will be!

My future brother in law told me that he thinks it makes us "less of a family"!! Crazy.

#5 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

there are tons tons tons of threads on this.. try using the search function.

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

I was going to suggest what Katrina said. This subject has been talked about so often, please use the search function before starting a new thread.

I am closing this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users