April 2009 Cruise Brides: Check In

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reese78

Reese78
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hi Ladies!

Wondering if I'm the only cruise bride getting married in April. Looking to see how we're doing as we close in on the 2 month mark. I'm doing good but still got alot to do. The first thing I have to do is stop buying every cute thing I see. Aparently I've forgotten that I and the guest have to travel with this stuff.

BTW: I'm on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. Embarkation day wedding.

#2 Tamster808

Tamster808
    • 193 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

I guess it is you and me!
      RCCL Monarch of the Seas embarkation day too.
      I am starting to get nervous about the timing of everything. I have search here and on other boards to see what timing is during the recepetion but no luck.

#3 Reese78

Reese78
      • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:26 PM

Tamster I've looked on cruise critics for more details as brides come back after the fact and post on there. We are doing a two hour reception and our rep told us that no matter what it will be over aound 3pm so that non-sailing guests can deboard. She also informed me that most weddings start around 1pm. This is for Miami though I doubt if it will be drasticly diff at Cape Canaveral.

I'm getting nervous too and hope that things dont go crazy wrong. We havent even finalized enhancements. Have you; which ones did you decide on?

#4 Tamster808

Tamster808
        • 193 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

We are doing the two hour lunch buffet with DJ and a 12" cake. I am bringing my own flowers so I have more say over them. My stepmother's best friend does flower arrangements and she is arranging all the flowers for us. I only spent a little over $100 for all the flowers (2 boquets, 5 boutinerres, 3 mothers). That is the cost of a boquet for me with RCCL! I am getting my hair done at a local salon. I am going next week for a trial. I really hope they do a good job.
          I am calling today to finalize all the enhancements. But I am really not doing that many.
          What enhancements are you doing?

#5 Reese78

Reese78
          • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

I was going to add flowers for everyone (2 mothers, 2 fathers, 1 groomsmen, 1 Matron). Also a cake but the size depends on our final guest count - the RSVPs are coming in as we speak. An additional hour of photography and the Videography package. I thought about the DJ but we just decided to do CD's or see if we can hook our Ipod up.

That's pretty much it. Just typing it here has made me realize the cost of all these additons. Whew....

#6 Tamster808

Tamster808
            • 193 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I got my finalized bill the other day. It is not as cheap I thought it would be but ALOT of other people spend ALOT more money.
              The funny thing about the whole thing is I picked a cruise wedding because I thought it would be simple and cheap and it has not been either. I don't think I will regret it but just everyone has a lot of questions.

#7 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
              • 245 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

I went on Freedom last May. Beautiful and fun ship. I am a Royal Caribbean fan. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
                http://tickers.Ticke....da94/event.png

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#8 Reese78

Reese78
                • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Tamster how are you doing in the home stretch? You have under week. Hope its the greatest time of your life! Be sure to come back and share your experience.

Got my final info last week and boy are you right about the cost. We're happy with our selections though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users