Photo

Apostille Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stoneys94

stoneys94
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

My fiance and I are getting married at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya on May 15 2009. Does anyone know how you go about getting an apostille so it's legal in the states? Thanks

#2 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
    • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

Hello,

I just got married at The Grand Palladium and went through this. Ask either Erika or Rocio about this when you are down there. You can either take it to a Mexican consulate at home to get done, or arrange for the resort to handle it for you. It takes about a month and costs 700 pesos if you do it through the resort - they will courier it to you when it is done. Rocio walked us through the process the day after our wedding.

Good luck and have fun at your wedding!
      Jennifer
      Jennifer & David
      January 22, 2009
      Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#3 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
      • 127 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

You can google "obtaining an apostille in Pennsylvania" for info. In Il, I had to send the secretary of state my certified copy of my birth certificate along with $2 and they sent my certified b/c back to me with an apostille letter. It took about two weeks. Hope this helps.

#4 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
        • Vendor
        • 336 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by stoneys94
          My fiance and I are getting married at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya on May 15 2009. Does anyone know how you go about getting an apostille so it's legal in the states? Thanks
          Hello,
          It depends on the country or each state.
          Your wedding coordinator must send it to you 2-3 months after the wedding date. The wedding certificate will have a special seal behind (apostille). Your wc should arrange everything for you, do not worry but do not forget to remind her 2 months after the wedding.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users