Someone stole my yahoo account

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rosewolf

rosewolf
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

EVERYONE,

I used my email account last night while I was on this site, someone stole my email account information.

I checked my hotmail account an email was sent at 5 am this morning saying my password was changed. I am not sure if someone is stealing the information from this site, but to be warned please change your password immediatly so that your information is not stolen as well.

I reported it to phishing, abuse, and security on yahoo. I am hoping this does not happen to you.

If this has happend to you were you able to get your account back?? How did you do it, I can not call today because it is Sunday. UGGGHHHHHHHHH all my wedding information so upset. I have my fiance calling the bank hourly just in case any money is stolen. This could not happen at a worse time just got engaged on Friday. (tears rolling on my face)

thanks
    melissa

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

i'm confused...which account did you use to register on the forum? hotmail or yahoo?

so someone requested a p/w change for the forum, then hacked into your yahoo account to complete the p/w change to the forum? but you were still able to get onto the forum even though the p/w was changed?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

melissa,

i think you may be confused because i just checked and you used your hotmail account to register so how would someone on BDW know what your yahoo account was? i just checked in your registration information and i have no idea what your yahoo account info is.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 rosewolf

rosewolf
    • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

I have changed my email on this forum I have also changed my password on my hotmail. I cannot get into my yahoo account. I had page open in this forum and a page open in my email- was email my mom last night wedding information. logged out last night, had some problems with this forum last night was making my computer explorer shut down. Got on the computer this afternoon could not get into my yahoo account. I am not saying it happend from this site, I am just wanted people to be warned to go to their email accounts and make a new password so that this does not happen to you. I am not blaming best destination wedding forum just warning others to change their passwords ASAP I now know I will be changing my password monthly so that this does not happen just a matter of trying to get my yahoo account back.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

then you may have a virus on your computer or something but it isnt assocaited with the forum. no one else has had any problems like that. also, the forum does ask that you change your pw once in awhile...

Awards and recognition: 

#6 rosewolf

rosewolf
      • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

okay thanks but have everyone change their personal email not the forum email just to be safe so that this does not happen to them, I do not believe it is anyone here at all I think something happend in my yahoo account not this site at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users