• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

So you all have probrably noticed that I'm going throug youtube finding random videos of weddings in PV and I came accross this one at Dreams.

I just love how they complied the video and pictures and music! I swear, its like an infomercial for DWs! For those of you who's friends and fam are venting about your wedding- show them this video!

YouTube - Levi and Christinas Wedding

enjoy~!

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

Haha. Wow, it does look like a commercial for DW's, especially with the choice of music and commercials. Very cool.

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

aww, i like that!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

I love this video. I have watched it 3 times already. I really want to make something like this to show at our afterparties. I don't want to bore everyone with a long video of the entire ceremony, etc. I guess I am truely part of the MTV generation! I want images to flash to the beat of music to keep me entertained.

I started to learn how to do something like that video. I found out windows movie maker was already on my computer (free with XP). It wasn't hard to get started. I have learned how to make videos with pictures and make them change with the music. Now I want to add in video. I bought a 2nd- hand camcorder today off amazon. I'm going to keep making practice montages until I can make something really great with our wedding pictures & video.

If anyone else is interested in learning how to do this, let me know & maybe we can figure it out together. Or even better, if you already know how, give me tips :)

Thanks Amy (and Levi & Christina) for the inspiration.

#5 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

I love this, I think I'll tell Erik to do this with our video and photos...
            We are doing 3 hours of RAW video and 3 hours of photos...

Erik is a wiz at the mac computer....HMMMMMMMM>>>>

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

I've done a slideshow with video. you need an adapter. I purchased mine from bestbuy about a year ago. I wish i had the box with the name of it. I remember it was a Dazzle brand. It has the following in-puts L-Audio, R-Audio, S-Video and Video and one S-Video output.

I works with a VHS video too!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

The camcorder I bought today connects to the computer with a firewire. I don't really know what that is, but my FI says we have one. Getting the video on the computer from this camera is supposed to be simple.

I don't think it will be hard to mix video with pictures, but I don't know how to do more advanced stuff. Like the part where they are dancing & pictures are flashing behind them. I want to know how to do that. I also want to be able to zoom into a specific part of a picture. I can just zoom into the middle. I want to be able to zoom into eyes, hands, maybe a sparkly ring. I also love where he is singing to her. I'm going to say "Mike, sing to me! It will make a great video."

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mlb36
                  The camcorder I bought today connects to the computer with a firewire. I don't really know what that is, but my FI says we have one. Getting the video on the computer from this camera is supposed to be simple.

I don't think it will be hard to mix video with pictures, but I don't know how to do more advanced stuff. Like the part where they are dancing & pictures are flashing behind them. I want to know how to do that. I also want to be able to zoom into a specific part of a picture. I can just zoom into the middle. I want to be able to zoom into eyes, hands, maybe a sparkly ring. I also love where he is singing to her. I'm going to say "Mike, sing to me! It will make a great video."
                  I'm sure you probrably need a more advanced program. I used MS Moviemaker. Added the basics, background music, pics and video (some with sound). I thought it was pretty good for my first try :)

I know you can zoom into each corner (bottom left, bottom right, etc). There is a way to select this.

.. I'm watching it again, it seems like some sort of layering effect (obviously)... hmmm. I need to play with the program again. I think I remember seeing this tool. I'll check it out and get back to you.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

I'm using movie maker too. I'm glad to know there is a way to zoom into different corners. It could be this program doesn't let you overlay multiple pictures, but if it does I want to find out how. Also, if anyone knows of a program that lets you do that, let me know.

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

I learned how to zoom in where I want & pan from one side to the other. I downloaded a program from here
                      Rehan Pan Zoom Effects

There is a free 15 day trial. Its $8 after that or you can keep the free version which isn't as good. It was easy to install & the new options were available in my "effects" menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users