Photo

The death of me.....my $400+ wedding shoes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

Yes! I love them so much... they will be amazing. I agree.. with the "they were on sale idea."

#42 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

Just think these shoes are rewards to all your fabulous DIY projects for the wedding and you put the savings to finish out the entire wedding day look. :)

I would love to see pictures of you with the shoes on and your dress. Don't forget to strike a pose that says "I'm WORTH IT!"

#43 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:45 AM

Wow, you have way more guts than me! Holy cow! But Bravo, they are very beautiful and are perfect "wedding shoes"

I'm sure you can make it up to your FI somehow if he gets mad!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#44 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
        • 698 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:02 AM

Heehee! OMG you crack me up! They are beautiful. You gonna look stunning.

#45 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

MarieSam, who is this shoe designer that is making everyone drool over his/her creation?

#46 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

Oh, and did I tell you to LIE your behind off? If I didn't, do that..ignore everything and everyone telling you that you can just explain it this way or that. NO, girl. Lie. Or better yet, say nothing. He's a man and he won't think twice about how much you paid for shoes of all things....they'll be part of the wedding ensemble and he will never raise an eyebrow, so don't you DARE be the one to bring it up.

You got a good lookin' man and some good lookin' shoes...be happy and lie throug your teeth. That's all I'm sayin. lmao
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#47 binzer

binzer
              • 230 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

When my fiance and I were in San Francisco he managed to convince me to buy $400 shoes (I was like WHAT Are you CRAZY) and I haven't regretted it a bit. Every single time I wear them I get a million compliments, and even though they're heels I can wear them forever!

I don't know if its possible, but you should check to see if you can dye them black after the wedding (they would make absolutely fabulous "little black dress" shoes) and then you could have a memento from your wedding that you'd still get to wear!

#48 bride2010

bride2010
                • 424 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:49 AM

I LOVE THEM! And they look really comfy too. Definitely a bonus! Curious to see how they do on your big day. Can't wait to see them with your dress!
                  http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                  26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                  "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#49 MarieSam

MarieSam
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,336 posts
                    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

Aww ladies I swear I LOVE each and every one of you!!!
                    They are fabulaous!!

And don't worry about the FI, do what i do- when he asks how much they were, just say " they were on sale" nothing more, nothing less - works every time :)
                    Oooh I like that idea -- the "it's on sale" but I can just imagine him saying "WTF kinda sale is that?"
                    wow those shoes are totally fab!! Who's the maker?
                    Cole Haan baby! And with some Nike Air technology cushions
                    Girrrrrrrrl, your ass better sleep in those things. You know I'm gonna keep it real with ya..lol. Wear them to bed, the grocery store.....JOG in those lil' ditties. You better do it all as expensive as they are, lmao.
                    But I will grant you..they are beyond cute. And it took a lot of courage to Just Do It.
                    My cheap ass would have just hot glued some mini roses from Joannes on some sling backs and called it a day.
                    OOooooh Savannah your post had me dying....you remind me so much of one of my best friends, she always has me crackin up!! :lmao: And girl, don't think I won't sport these shoes with EVERYTHING!!! Nightgown, check. Velour sweatsuit, check. Pajamas, check. Jeans and tank top, check. Walking around in my underwear, check. I swear these will become my new black.
                    Those are really beautiful shoes!!! You aren't getting married on the beach though are you
                    wait, they are nike? they are absolutely to die for, love 'em.
                    Abbie - they actually have Nike Air technology cushions to give me footsies comfort. THANK GOD I am such a whimp with painful heels on, so hopefully they will work.
                    MarieSam!!!! I love them!!!!!! I think they are worth it! Don't worry, Tommy will forget all about how much your shoes cost when he sees you walk down the aisle! Did you buy these while you were sitting at work!?
                    Awww, I do hope he'll be happy enough seeing me down the aisle.....either that or he'll be staring at my overpriced feet and secretly curse me. hehehe And yep, I hit purchase while sitting here at work. Think I can bill it as a work expense? lol

#50 MarieSam

MarieSam
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,336 posts
                      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Ooooh more replies.....
                      Just think these shoes are rewards to all your fabulous DIY projects for the wedding and you put the savings to finish out the entire wedding day look. :)
                      I would love to see pictures of you with the shoes on and your dress. Don't forget to strike a pose that says "I'm WORTH IT!"
                      I like that rationale, and yes I will definitely do at least 1000 "I'm worth it!!" pics
                      Oh, and did I tell you to LIE your behind off? If I didn't, do that..ignore everything and everyone telling you that you can just explain it this way or that. NO, girl. Lie. Or better yet, say nothing. He's a man and he won't think twice about how much you paid for shoes of all things....they'll be part of the wedding ensemble and he will never raise an eyebrow, so don't you DARE be the one to bring it up.

You got a good lookin' man and some good lookin' shoes...be happy and lie throug your teeth. That's all I'm sayin. lmao
                      Again girl, too funny, hhehehehe!! I ran them by his sister and she said they're gorgeous but agreed that I should keep my mouth shut and let Tommy discover it on his own to avoid
                      When my fiance and I were in San Francisco he managed to convince me to buy $400 shoes (I was like WHAT Are you CRAZY) and I haven't regretted it a bit. Every single time I wear them I get a million compliments, and even though they're heels I can wear them forever!
                      I don't know if its possible, but you should check to see if you can dye them black after the wedding (they would make absolutely fabulous "little black dress" shoes) and then you could have a memento from your wedding that you'd still get to wear!
                      YAY ok good, well at least I'm not the only one who fell prone to the $400+ shoe investment. And yes they're dyeable, and yep I was definitely thinking that black would get the most use!

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users