Photo

Where to buy maternity BM dresses

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

So i know there are a few threads on maternity dresses, but they cover how big to get a dress, or can they travel and only mention davids bridal.

My sister just found out she is pregnant. I'm very excited! although she will just be turning 7 months pregnant for my wedding. Now, I've worked for both delta and united and I know that she can travel after 6 months as long as she has a dr's note. Also no agent is going to ask unless you are HUGE! She originally was going to come for 2 weeks, but now we're just planning on just 3 days. So her dr has said as long as there are no health issues she doesn't see why she couldn't make the short trip.

That being said I'm looking for where to buy BM dresses. I probably won't buy it until last minute and have it rushed. I know people have mentioned DB, but they no longer show their bm maternity dresses online and the closest one is 3 hrs from me and 7 from her so I don't want to make that long of a trip and not have an idea of what they have. I thought about just buyin a nice dress from mimi maternity, but I need it in fuschia which has been the issue. I've searched but havent found any really cute ones. I need it short. i have seen a few cute long ones and i could have them altered short.

Where did you buy your maternity BM dress?

#2 katedoeseurope

katedoeseurope
    • 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

I came across these when I was searching for dresses.
      Bridesmaid Dresses: The Dessy Group Just use the search function on the side. They have 3 tea length maternity dress and they are all available in fuchia. Good luck!

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thanks hun! I googled last night and found those, the only one I liked was the Alfred sung dress, which is cute, but we don't have anywhere here that sells alfred sung.

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

What do you girls think of this dress if I had it altered short? Or would it look strange if my 3 other maids have short dresses, and my MOH has a long dress?

http://www.tjformal.....maid-Dress-815

#5 Rhonda

Rhonda
          • 270 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

One of my BM just told me she's pregnant too....she'll be 6 months pregnant at my wedding. Luckily she knew before we placed the order for dresses, but, anyway, she decided to just order extra material on the dress instead of ordering a "maternity dress" . Just a thought....

#6 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
            • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

I like the new post Jackie it's perfect to use as a Mat dress. Since she is your Matron of Honor ... are the others Bm's?? Just asking because having the MOH in a different dress I think works out well as they stand out a bit more. My girls had the same dress but in different colors.. you know that already but I think having some difference in either a style, cut, or color looks really good.

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

well she isnt married, (but the child is w/ her longtime bf of 3 1/2 yrs, I know what you are thinking, HA!) so she is MOH, and I have 3 BM's. Our colors are aqua blue, fuschia, and lime. Since the ocean is our backdrop i didn't want blue dresses, but a couple of my girls look better in green than pink, so the BM's have matching dresses in green, and Amanda was going to be in pink http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t34305 So I still want her in pink, but I keep seeing lots of cute long dresses. If her dress is long and pink is that too much over the top?

#8 DeBooCL

DeBooCL
                • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

My Matron of Honor ( Sister in law) will be 32 weeks pregnant at my wedding on 6/5/9. Would love to hear some info on where to find cute maternity bridesmaid dresses.

#9 DeBooCL

DeBooCL
                  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

My Matron of Honor ( Sister in law) will be 32 weeks pregnant at my wedding on 6/5/9. Would love to hear some info on where to find cute maternity bridesmaid dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users