Turkey sausage recipe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

• VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

So, I am trying to eat healthier. Dh however loves sausage so I am trying out some Turkey Sausage. It looks like the long Italian sausage. Anyway, any good ideas for sausage recipes?

#2 Lizzdee

• 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:30 AM

We eat turkey and chik sausage all the time...We get it fresh from a butcher her in Philly...the different flavor ones are fantastic...However, Al Fresco brand is super good and can be bought in the super market. We stir-fry ours with lots of veggies and some seasonings. Serve with or without rice..Yummy!!!

#3 fmichelle

• 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Not sure if you'll see this but, I just made a delicious italian inspired recipe with chicken sausage from Trader Joes.  I start with olive oil in a pan, then saute some fresh garlic in it, then I add finely chopped potatoes.  Once they've cooked for some time, I add in some skinned and chopped eggplant.  At this point you may need to add a little more olive oil so the pan doesn't get too dry. After they've softened for a bit, then I'll add some chopped bell peppers, I prefer the different colored ones because they look pretty   After they've cooked for a short time, I add in a couple spoons of olive tapenade (I've used fresh olives, but the pre-made tapenade is easier) and after that has spread through the pan I add some garlic powder and some bread crumbs (probably almost 1/4 cup) and I stir that around for a bit.  Then, I'll cut two long sausage links into very small pieces and add that to the mix.  The recipe actually calls for some capers as well, but when I made this tonight I didn't have any on hand.  You can put them in near the end, and make sure you rinse them first because otherwise it'll be a little too salty.  I hope this makes sense, I don't really cook with exact recipes, more by look.  But I promise you, this is delicious!

#4 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Ni±o salvagios sells a tasty chicken sausage too

#5 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Sounds great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users