Jump to content
KLC77

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

Recommended Posts

Just FYI girls...Dollar Tree has their awesome insulated tumblers out! We wiped our local one out of the fuscha, purple, orange and lime ones the other day! At a $1.00 a piece I don't care so much if our guests never use them again. Now I just need to figure out where to get waterproof stickers to put on them or if it's easier to do it myself? Anyone have any ideas? Also getting 50 of them down to Mexico should be interesting! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

 

Just FYI girls...Dollar Tree has their awesome insulated tumblers out! We wiped our local one out of the fuscha, purple, orange and lime ones the other day! At a $1.00 a piece I don't care so much if our guests never use them again. Now I just need to figure out where to get waterproof stickers to put on them or if it's easier to do it myself? Anyone have any ideas? Also getting 50 of them down to Mexico should be interesting! Lol

 

I just saw them too! I'm in the same boat as far as price and use goes. I love the Bubbas but wish they were just a bit cheaper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too...but I can't justify the price and honestly the dollar tree ones are pretty awesome compared to some I've seen! They have almost the identical ones at Michaels for $8.99!! I went back to DT today and couldn't believe that out of the hundreds of them they had a week ago they only had 5 left!! I'm so happy we pounced when we did! We did score today on individual packets of tissue for the OOT today...8 for a dollar and the packs are nice tropical colours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

 

Me too...but I can't justify the price and honestly the dollar tree ones are pretty awesome compared to some I've seen! They have almost the identical ones at Michaels for $8.99!! I went back to DT today and couldn't believe that out of the hundreds of them they had a week ago they only had 5 left!! I'm so happy we pounced when we did! We did score today on individual packets of tissue for the OOT today...8 for a dollar and the packs are nice tropical colours!

 

We bought the mugs too!!!!  So great in price.  I ordered my waterproof stickers off etsy.  The dealer is great to work with.  They emailed back so fast.  I shipped them to a friend in the states to make it cheaper.  They were delivered in 3 days.  My friend is visiting this weekend so I should get them tomorrow.  Will let you know what I think :)

 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/114869339/custom-glossy-waterproof-destination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just FYI girls...Dollar Tree has their awesome insulated tumblers out! We wiped our local one out of the fuscha, purple, orange and lime ones the other day! At a $1.00 a piece I don't care so much if our guests never use them again. Now I just need to figure out where to get waterproof stickers to put on them or if it's easier to do it myself? Anyone have any ideas? Also getting 50 of them down to Mexico should be interesting! Lol
I have about 40 of them in a large box smaller than a luggage bag, if u "stack" them inside each other it makes them so much easier to pack! And the lids and straws don't take up much space once u do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! 

 

I got the Dollar Tree Tumblers too. The price is right, but they do scratch/crack easily. We had to individually examine each one when buying them. I'm not expecting them to last forever, but hopefully they'll do for the 3-7 days that each guest uses them! 

 

Anyway... for packing, I also bought some plain white tissue paper from Dollar Tree. Because they scratch easy, I didn't want to stack them directly one on top of the other. Instead, I put a third of a sheet of tissue paper between each cup, to protect both sides as they stack. This will make them easier to pull apart as well. I also wrapped the lids and straws in tissue paper. I stacked about 9 cups high, and they fit perfectly into my suitcase height-wise. I have 30 and they barely take up any space! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is helpful! I'll give the stacking theory a work! Lol! I was reading other brides posts about using Rubbermaid bins to take their stuff down in lieu of a suitcase and I'm just wondering if American Airlines will let me...or if they do, whether I want to lug a wheel-less bin down there. Lol! Decisions decisions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by inloveinkorea View Post

 

Hey ladies! 

 

I got the Dollar Tree Tumblers too. The price is right, but they do scratch/crack easily. We had to individually examine each one when buying them. I'm not expecting them to last forever, but hopefully they'll do for the 3-7 days that each guest uses them! 

 

Anyway... for packing, I also bought some plain white tissue paper from Dollar Tree. Because they scratch easy, I didn't want to stack them directly one on top of the other. Instead, I put a third of a sheet of tissue paper between each cup, to protect both sides as they stack. This will make them easier to pull apart as well. I also wrapped the lids and straws in tissue paper. I stacked about 9 cups high, and they fit perfectly into my suitcase height-wise. I have 30 and they barely take up any space! 

great idea!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I remember my honeymoon and my wife on the beach. We sing, dance, eat and have sex with the product đồ chơi tình dục cao cấp
      Maybe I will never forget
    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
  • Topics

×