ROR query

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 naymic

• 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have been reading on the ROR - weddings site that 80% of your guests have to stay at the resort if you plan to get married their - sorry to ask the obvious.... (we plan to have a small wedding although at the moment we are hot topic and EVERYONE we know says 'I'm coming' being the realist I am i know it will probably be a figure closer to 20 - 30 people.... )are ROR pretty strict with this rule.

Also I have been reading up ROR in general on some of the holiday review websites - can anyone tell me generally how it is breifly, does it have a private or public beach... or even better if there are any other posts which point me in the right direction let me know - i'm new here!! :-)

Thank you x

#2 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Welcome and congrats!

I would suggest you do a search on ROR, as there are tons of posts on the ROR. There is no private beach, however, certain wedding options (plaza gazebo) is more private than the beach. do your homework and I wish you and your FI well!

#3 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

Yes, the RIU is strict with this rule. My FH called the RIU headquarters in Mexico to verify this rule. He was told it was a strict policy so I made sure I notified my guest.

#4 naymic

• 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Thanks all for the advice x

#5 JamaicaBrideToBe

• 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Well we had 108 guests attend and about 40 of them were hotel guests. 50 were locals as my husband is Jamaican born, and 18 stayed at a villa nearby. Since we had a private reception at 55US pp and each visitor required a day pass at 50US pp they allowed this. However, they will not allow it if you are trying for a "free" wedding at Mammee Bay or Plantation (rented)
            Our wedding was last week, I did have the email confirming that this would not be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users