Photo

Riu Palace Brides - HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kellyq5349

kellyq5349
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

My wedding is April 18 at the Riu Palace and I was booked to rent out the entire Mexican restaurant for my reception. I was just informed by the WC that you can't rent out the entire restaurant unless you have a minimum of 60people. We have approx 50.
    I don't understand - I know I've seen pics of private receptions there with a lot less people than that. Do any of the Riu brides (past and present) have a private reception there with less than 50 guests? I feel like this is really coming out of left field since I told the WC last spring that I wanted to rent it out, and that I would have between 40 - 50 people, and she never mentioned this rule once until 3 months before my wedding.
    Any advice

#2 Nanner431

Nanner431
    • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Hi Kelly - we had 52 people for our reception at the Steakhouse. I don't know we managed it but they put us in a lower level area right at beach level so we were all by ourselves. Our room looked pretty much into the Mexican restaurant and as far as I could tell - the wedding receptions were always put more towards the back of it. It looked fairly private there. Honestly - you won't even notice - it's your day and you will be so happy and pumped on adrenaline that even the few people that may be around - they'll be happy for you and most people would be discreet if they were outnumbered in those numbers. Aside from the 2 ladies who came into the nightclub when I had it rented privately and wouldn't leave....like hello - can't you see this is private and we're all here for the wedding.

#3 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
      • Vendor
      • 105 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hello Kelly, please click on the link below to view pictures of the San Jose restaurant at Riu Palace:

Picasa Web Albums - MangoWeddings

If you have around 50 people, you'll be on the terrace of the restauurant, so in a certain way it is kind of private because if there is other clients , they will be inside the restaurant.
        I hope this will help.

mango weddings at riu palace l photos and videos for your wedding in los cabos, cabo san lucas, san josĀ©.
        Jerome Dieu
        Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
        Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users