Photo

Watch your kids ! At 6 and 7, they plan to elope to Africa to get married...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

These are definitely early planners ! It's really cute - and scary at the same time, their parents must have been so wooried !

German children elope - New Zealand's source for World News on Stuff.co.nz

Police foil wedding plans of boy, 6, and his sweetheart, 7 - World - smh.com.au

anna lena, anna bell - Google News

Where the idea came from is apparently not clear - a trip to Italy, or a TV documentary on Keyna ?

#2 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
    • 826 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

I'm sorry.....but this is cute and funny all at the same time. For two kids as young as that to imagine that they could just get on a train/plane and go to Africa to get married. All because of a TV show. I'm surprised they made it as far as they did. If I saw three kids walking down the road that early in the morning.....I would call the cops immediatly.
      http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
      My Babies
      "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
      it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
      http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

Too cute...and way too scary.
        Something along these lines happened in Virginia - a 6 yr old missed the bus to school so he decided to take the car....himself!! He crashed the car & luckily was not hurt. His mom was in bed...why was she not up sending her little one off to school Daily Dispatch Online

#4 KatyKo

KatyKo
        • 851 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

That is a cute story. Little kids and their big imaginations. I love the part where they say they didn't tell their parents because "they didn't think they would be gone long!" Haha.

Just think if we had married the boys we "loved" at age 6-7 YIKES! (For me anyway )

#5 MarthaT

MarthaT
          • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Such a cute story, but really frightening as a parent

#6 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

That's crazy. I don't think I was savvy enough at that age to even attempt to make it to the airport!

Kinda cute story but definitely scary! I thought you only had to worry about teenagers sneaking out in the middle of the night, apparently they can start much younger than that!

It would be an awesome story though, if they one day did actually get married. They could tell their children about their original attempt at exchanging vows.

#7 heather007

heather007
              • 620 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

That is just way too cute. Luckily though, they were caught by the police. I love how they were disappointed so the police gave them a tour of the jail house, that is just adorable.

~~

#8 ameliamae

ameliamae
                • 48 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

too funny!! i think its especially funny they thought to bring a "witness"!
                  The future Mrs. Sellars!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users