Photo

Flights from the East Coast to PV

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Have anyone had luck finding affordable tickets from the East Coast to PV?
    Most of my family is in Tampa, FL and Atlanta and we are having a really hard time finding anything under $700 to $800.

Is this standard??

I feel horrible because I'm in the West Coast and only I'm paying $290.

Thanks,
    ~Susana

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

check out kayak.com it has all the travel sites linked together so you really get the best price - i love that site!

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

check out kayak.com it has all the travel sites linked together so you really get the best price - i love that site!

#4 Mel&B

Mel&B
        • 613 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

I've been in your exact same boat! You're in luck! Tickets just went down from Atlanta to about $550.00. We both are getting married in May, so I would think the prices would be the same for you. Try Travel Deals: Airfare, Vacations, Cruises, and More | Travelzoo Travelocity and Vayama have the best prices and flight times right now for my trip. This has been a big relief to our Atlanta friends. Most of our family and friends are coming from CA too, but we are really happy prices went down from Atlanta.

#5 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
          • Banned
          • 494 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

May Brides. Rock....

I am in the same boat. But yes check sidestep.com (same as kayak) tickets just went down.

I also noticed tickets are dropping every week by about $30-60, which is great before Christmas they were between $700-$800....

#6 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
            • 698 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Thank you so much ladies! I'll be sure to check out those sites.

Please let me know if you come accross any other great deals and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
              ~Susana

#7 Mel&B

Mel&B
              • 613 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

We booked our flights with points a couple of months ago, but we JUST booked FI's parents flights for $483 each. Prices may continue to drop, but we pulled the trigger. I went to PV last may and paid $588.00 for my ticket, so I figured a savings of $100.00 one year later is pretty good.

May Brides do Rock!

#8 dkw

dkw
                • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thank goodness they dropped! Just got mine from Boston (with only one stop) for $523, down from $700-800, for a scoping trip over President's Day in Feb. There were lots of flights options too, so I think you should be able to score a good deal...

Good luck and congrats!

#9 AshleyMichelle

AshleyMichelle
                  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Do you all know of any airlines that offer group rates or discounts? I have checked out Kayak and they have some pretty good deals but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything better for my family/friends!

#10 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

Most airlines offer discounts for groups of 10 or more - you should call the airlines you want to book on and they usually will give you codes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users