photographer etiquette

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 laura b

laura b
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hey girls-
    I need an opinion on etiquette. I am paying for my photog's trip and she's bringing her mom (totally fine, her mom will just pay her own airfare and however much more it will be to stay in her room). My question is this...do I invite her mom to the reception dinner? Definitely not to the wedding right? I mean, I've only met the lady once.

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Hmmm.. Are you friends with the photographer? If so I would say yes, invite the Mom to the WD as well.

#3 jthrasher

jthrasher
      • Banned
      • 486 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

It could be she might be using her mom as an assistant. In which case she would be at the wedding anyway.

#4 leigh miller

leigh miller
        • 936 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:26 AM

i agree with whats been said. it doesnt sound like the mom or the photographer are a friends of yours so unless she is working with the photographer i wouldnt worry about it. she probably will just enjoy an evening relaxing at the resort.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

so are photogs and other vendors supposed to get invites? I have been wondering about this because my parents told me no, but I know Ann sent you one Leigh...
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

i did, but i don't think you have to send them one. honestly, i probably wouldn't have sent Leigh an invite if I hadn't met her already, and she wasn't on this forum. (no offense, Leigh!) she's almost like more of a buddy now!

#7 leigh miller

leigh miller
            • 936 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

id say i get the official invite about 50% of the time. mostly i think people just want me to see them cause they are so excited about them :) i dont think they are expecting a gift from me - are they?

and sometimes i try to photograph them here cause it just wont work to do them there. ann i will take pics of yours here. sorry i havent gotten to it yet but take one to PV too if you can.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:29 AM

what? no gift? well ... damn. kidding - i was more sending it to, like you said, because i thought i'd just show you, and you had seen all my posts about making them!

it's on my list of things to remember ... but you never know!

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

okay well good then and Matt if you read this let me know if I should send you one to photograph or if you just want me to bring one to the wedding!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users