Photo

Morning brew...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

I almost always have coffee, I want to break this habit, but I can't quit coffee and eating at the same time, I have to have something!

so if I stop in the morning I usually go to DD, and I get a large regular with skim milk and 2 equal, or sometimes no sugar, sometimes black. depends on my mood.

I do love the iced lattes, with skim milk, no sugar, but they're so expensive when you get them all the time, I should be putting that money towards the wedding!

#12 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

I had a grande skim vanilla latte then some v8

#13 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
        That's too funny Rachelle!
        I pull up to the SB drive-thru and they greet me with, "Good morning Paula, do you want your chai this morning?" I would really throw them for a loop if I tried to order mocha concoction!
        Oh yeah, and one of the girls there was the first to notice my engagement ring, (other than my family)!
        Yeah, it's pretty silly....lol!
        I actually had a lot of fun working at SB's...we had lots of regulars that we'd see everyday. I had a nonfat no-water Chai girl that used to come through my drive-thru too! Her name was Sierra and we saw that girl at 10am everyday...you could pratically set your watch by her! We didn't really bother with all the formalities w/ her either. . .although every now and then she'd throw us off and order her drink iced! *gasp!* lol!

#14 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

I'm not a Starbucks girl - I don't drink coffee. But I do get a hot chocolate (and bagel) every morning from Tim Hortons - any Canadian knows that Tim Horton's is the way to go! :)

lol Paula, I like when you get service like that! They're like your second family for 2 minutes everyday! When I was in High school, my dad use to drive me to school every morning and there was one Tim Horton's drive thru worker that always jokingly said I was spoiled because of that (and I was - and still am!) anyways, she gave me the nickname "Princess" and use to write in in the cup-pencils they have on my cup every morning!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#15 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
            I'm not a Starbucks girl - I don't drink coffee. But I do get a hot chocolate (and bagel) every morning from Tim Hortons - any Canadian knows that Tim Horton's is the way to go! :)

lol Paula, I like when you get service like that! They're like your second family for 2 minutes everyday! When I was in High school, my dad use to drive me to school every morning and there was one Tim Horton's drive thru worker that always jokingly said I was spoiled because of that (and I was - and still am!) anyways, she gave me the nickname "Princess" and use to write in in the cup-pencils they have on my cup every morning!
            Hey Princess! I pass a Tim Horton's in the morning too, they have some great breakfast sammies with egg and cheese! Probably a good thing they don't have my tea ... I would have to get both every morning!

#16 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

Awwww maaannnn. . .I haven't been to Tim Horton's in ages!! They don't have them where I live now!

I'm jealous... ;-)

#17 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Rachelle - you are a very complicated girl! I rarely go to Starbucks, but when I do there is alway one of those bizzarro orders & I have no idea what the mean!

I am a very simple coffee w/soymilk & splenda girl. We're out of coffee at home though, so I've been unleaded the last few days. GRRRR!!! We need to learn how to grocery shop again...

#18 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
                  Rachelle - you are a very complicated girl! I rarely go to Starbucks, but when I do there is alway one of those bizzarro orders & I have no idea what the mean!
                  Lol! I promise I'm really not! Just with my drinks!

You know who I feel like when I place my order? Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"! ;-) You know, when she's at the restaurant w/ Billy Crystal and how she orders some crazy ridiculous order with a TON of random stipulations and stuff?! That's one of my fave parts of the movie - totally cracks me up!

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

okay, I do like starbucks, peppermint mocha is my fave, but I don't go there too much because I'd end up in the poor house, hahaha! but anyway, what is a chai tea with no water? doesn't tea need water?

this is why I can't order complicated coffee because I have no idea what all the different things are that you can get, I guess that must come from actually working there, you get to know the lingo

#20 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

I usually have between 2 and 3 cups of coffee with non-fat vanilla creamer. I am not a Starbucks junkie, thank god! I would be broke!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users