lscilley

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodJ View Post
Thanks Josh that is soo helpful!! So is there a Parott bar and a Wet bar at both the Elegance and the Colonial or are they just at the Colonial? I was under the impression they shared these areas. I am staying at the Elegance by the way :)
Both the Elegance and the Colonial have their own Wet Bar and Swim Up Bar.

Hi everyone, I am very new to this forum and I really do not know what I am doing just yet! My fiance and I are considering getting married in the Dominican next year, and I LOVE the look of the Majestic Colonial. Can someone give me the email address of the WC? I looked all over the web site and could not find an email address.

Also, does anyone have a ball park figure on how expensive the room rates are in late April/early May? I just don't want my guests to pay through the nose. Also, is there a huge language barrier in the Dominican? I have been to Mexico several times and have never had this problem but I have hear this about the Dominican.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodJ View Post
I also asked Maritee at the Elegance about the "free wedding" this is her reply: "If you book 15 rooms for 7 (seven) nights at the Majestic Elegance, the wedding package is free. You have to send us a copy of the rooming list in advance in order to give you the confirmation."
This sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Other than the photographer and the flowers there is not much left to pay for!
I have to disagree. Most tour operators give you one free ticket (airline and hotel) if you have 20 people. With the Majestic hotels you must book 15 rooms which usually means 30 people.

I'd rather have the free wedding. My ticket was only $1323. I guess it just depends on how many guests you can book.

KEEP IN MIND:

In order to get the free wedding, I've heard something about the bookings have to be at the full price and not at a discount? I'm not sure. JodJ, make sure you get all the details. ALSO, there is a time limit. I think it used to be, book before Oct 2009 (for example) to get your 2010 wedding free. The deadline has passed for 2009 weddings. In this case, the free airline/hotel ticket is an awesome deal! However, I read somewhere that it doesn't include children's tickets.

The free wedding is only good if you have 15 rooms booked for 7 nights. Each room has to be booked for 7 nights and doesn't count if you have more rooms but they are for shorter stays. Additionally this can be for the colonial or elegance I was told and they do not offer any group discount or free wedding for more than 20 -30 people. I don't mind because I love the Majestic and it's my wedding and although I have more than 20 people coming I am not close to the 15 room/7night requirement. Goodluck and if anyone hears anything different let me know.

I was told by Maritee few weeks ago that I could get a free wedding for my June 9th date. She didn't mention anything about a deadline, but she could have been giving me a break considering my wedding was just cancelled in Mexico and I had to switch destinations so quickly. I assumed it was the same for everyone but I guess not.

For some reason I was previously thinking of it as people and not rooms. I realised we only have 13 rooms booked! We are sooo close! Oh well we did get the 22nd passenger free.

Hell Majestic Brides, when do you have to pay the wedding costs to the resort? The coordinator I talked to never mentioned the due date and she said I could give her the guest count when we meet at the resort. It looks like they are very flexible and easy going but I wonder if everything could be delivered the way it's planned.

If I have to choose between a free wedding and getting the 21st passenger free, I think I would rather my guests save money off their trip. I'm thinking instead of giving one the free trip, would it be possible to use that ticket to deduct money from every ticket (everyone saves approx. 100$)?

I'll make sure to post what Sandra at Majestic answers to my email about the free wedding.bunny_4.gif

Thanks, Josh! Looks like we both live in the same corner of the country!

In your experience, is booking a wedding in late April a bit too risky considering possible flight changes? A couple of travel agents have informed me that since we only have one week off precisely (we are in law school and cannot miss anything) it is taking a chance since this is the transition period between spring and summer season. If the chances are very high that a flight will be changed to a day earlier then this could be very troublesome for us!! Any body else been warned about traveling in late April?

Thank you!