Photo

need some recommendations- photogogs, location

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bahia_bride_2010

bahia_bride_2010
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

I am new here- originally we were thinking Mexico for our destination, but we felt our budget was out of control, not to mention the costs for our friends and family-
    I am thinking Sarasota area- where we took our first vacation and fell in love... I need some help with locations- I want the ceremony to be on the beach.... but accommodations, photographers (reasonable yet extraordinary) and the actuall beach- I need lots of suggestions!
    Thanks so much in advance!

#2 annasid

annasid
    • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'm kind of in the same situation. I wanted Mexico for a while but now I'm leaning towards Florida. I went to see a property the other day that's near Sarasota I think... it's called Long Boat Key Resort and Spa. Check it out if you want a ceremony on the beach. I'm not from Florida, my family just moved here so I don't know any vendors yet. Good luck!

#3 bahia_bride_2010

bahia_bride_2010
      • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

I know exactly where that's at and its beautiful-
        we will be coming back to the area in March and I promised that we would only devote one day to wedding related planning....lol
        when are you planning to wed?

#4 annasid

annasid
        • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

We're hoping for Nov '09 but we're still looking for a place so it's cutting it close I think. Hopefully we'll find somewhere in the next 2 days b/c I'm leaving to go back home. My parents live in Clearwater so I'm hoping they can do some work for me when I leave!

#5 bahia_bride_2010

bahia_bride_2010
          • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

I am sure it could be done- especially if you have something small and lower key.... not sure if that's what you're looking for... this thing keeps getting larger and larger and the cost seems to balloon! Eloping sounds better and better to me!

#6 rachcmn

rachcmn
            • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hi there,

I have been debating between mexico and florida myself now... Do any of you have any suggestins in the Key West area? Any locations, vendors- wedding coordinators, places... Thanks!!
              ~Rachael

#7 annasid

annasid
              • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

It's funny because the reason that I swayed from Mexico to Florida was also because the cost for friends and family was higher than I wanted to impose on them... now that I've decided on Florida, more people have to be invited and the wedding is going to be bigger and therefore more expensive! It's just shifting the expenses from flights and hotels to bands, flowers, etc.!
                I'm not familiar at all with Key West, sorry.

#8 bahia_bride_2010

bahia_bride_2010
                • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

SAME HERE! I have changed my mind about 10 times in the last week! The advantage for us is that we are going to have a backyard reception when we get back (and the weather warms up) so that no one will be left out- so it doesn't bother me as much if not a lot of people make it- and it is about the same price when you think about staying in an all inclusive resort in mexico compared to ala carte in Florida- try looking up forums on theknot.com for key west and other Florida weddings- I found a lot of information there!

#9 susanv66

susanv66
                  • 165 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

I am planning a wedding in Clearwater Beach and I have found a lot of information (and my photographer!) on weddingwire.com. The vendors are rated by the users of the website so you get some good opinions. It definitely helps when picking a vendor from far away. I hope that helps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users