To wax, or not to wax, that is the question!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

• Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

Then I would probably just try the bleach for the darker ones. If that doesn't do the job, then wax it.

As a sidenote...our tickers are down to days now not months!!!

#12 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

Honestly, I would say that your upper lip area is very sensitive and I have actually been burned so I thread that area. If you can find a place that does threading, I would opt for that.

#13 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

I have had it done a few times but I noticed a get little red pimples when it grows back. Is this normal? Or am I going to a bad place?

#14 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

I get this on my legs & underarms when I wax - it is most likely ingrown hairs. With waxing most people have to be very diligent about exfoliating. It will help keep the hairs that are growing back from becoming ingrown.

#15 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

very interesting. i feel like my face is so dry there from ski season , it is already flaky. It is probably just angry that I am putting it through so much... LoL

#16 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

I have waxed everything! Lip, Eyebrows, and Brazilian before. The redness only lasts a few hours for me. The upper lip waxing doesn't last too long though-a few weeks tops. I have decided to start using a hair remover-I use Sally Hansen and you just brush on the remover, wait a few minutes and you are hair free! Samanthag-Brazilian hurts, but it is worth the pain...you just have to make sure that you have enough hair for the wax to grab ahold of(TMI, haha)...I drank a glass of wine before to ease my nerves and the pain!

#17 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

I have waxed for about 15 years before deciding to go laser... I got really used to it for my upper lip, but never for the bikini line, let alone Brazilian... it was actually my initial reason for going laser - I was tired of the bleeding I got from waxing the bikini !

Anyway, for the upper lip - it hurts but it's like, 5 seconds max. Its stays red for 2-3 hours and then goes away. For security, try and do it one or two days before.

#18 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by christenew
                  See I am not so worried about the pain. I have never had it done. I am blonde and relatively fair skinned, however I have a little bit of dark hair. I am afraid it will cause me to have it done all the time. I do not want that.
                  once you start, you will probably need to keep doing it. I think you should probably be ok. You will be in the sun a lot so the hair may lighten.

#19 mpajkos

• 359 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

If you start doing it than you probably will continue doing it because you will notice more of a shadow. I had really light hair but wanted a fresh clean look and now I'm doing it about every 6weeks. Its not bad. If you are bothered by it than I would definetely do it! As for the "other" I am still thinking about it.

#20 katken

• 268 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

Thread, thread thread...it's the way to go. It doesn't hurt as bad as waxing and it's not as harsh on my skin. I had my eyebrows waxed once and ended up with a uni brow of pimples....gross.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users