Boarding Pass invitation questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hi all!

I have a few questions about invitations. We have finally decided on a DW wedding. (WOO HOO!!!!!) I never saw the boarding pass invitations before in my life and I think that they are amazing! I WANT TO DO THIS!!!

So my questions are: (maybe some silly ones )

1. Do you need to send STD cards? We've decided on a month, but not a final date yet. If you have to send them, how long before the wedding do you? We are planning a wedding for Jan 2010, so it's only a year away and we want to let everyone know to give them enough time to save up. If we don't have a final date, what do we write?

2. Where did everyone get the templates, fonts and all that good stuff to make the invites? I want to do this myself because I'm a crafty geek! lol

Anyway, I guess that's all I can think of right now (I thought that I had more questions - oh well!) Any input or help would be amazing.

THANK YOU!!! :)

#2 panther

panther
    • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

Congrats on deciding on the location! There are lots of ideas here for boarding pass invites as well as some other cool ideas like passports, etc.

My FI's dad is in graphic design and I have told him my vision and he is going to create something. I will post some pics as soon as I have a draft.

We are not doing a "STD" notice formaly on paper. We have drafted an e-copy of something and done a website with all the info on it. We send emails to all those invited with the info for the site which includes all the info for the resort/accomodations etc.

Happy planning!

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

STDs are not necessary and you should check out this thread Anny combined everyones boarding pass invitations and templates on it. some have directions with theirs.
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22754
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ahh ok. That's a good idea. Thanks for the ideas. For us, we have too many "older" people that don't have computers! lol We actually made our STD invites last night and they look great. We also did the web-site thing and the families are going nuts over it!

#5 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

Thanks DanielleNDerek! I spend so much time reading things that sometimes I lose track of where everything is! lol

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

goodluck with your invites
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 askelly15

askelly15
              • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Best of luck with your invites. I love the ideas. This is such a great website!
                Amanda

#8 shannon26

shannon26
                • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

I was wondering the same question about the STD's, I was thinking of doing them also via. e-mail with our website attached. Thanks everyone

#9 lgnr22

lgnr22
                  • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

I had the same questions until I came across this thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users