#1 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:58 AM

Hey girls,

I am starting to digital scrapbook a few things for gifts and am looking for a deep solid red paper. I figured somebody around here does digital scrapbooking and could lead me to some good places to get background papers for free or really cheaply. Often I find that I will like one paper out of a download pack of like 6-8 papers, and it costs $8.99, which I'm not willing to pay each and everytime I find one paper I like.

Where do you like to get your digital scrapbooking downloads from? Does anybody have a red or deep red paper they'd be willing to share with me?

TIA!

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

good thread Maura! i pretty much halted all my lumapix projects for this reason - b/c i can't find nice background papers that are a bunch of $$. can't wait to hear the responses! :)

#3 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:05 AM

Try The Best Scrapbooking Supplies On The Web - Two Peas in a Bucket in their digital section. Lots of papers to choose from and ranges from .99 - about 5.00 for kits. They also have free papers and kits to download.

Another section which I refer people to is their digital tutorial section which gives you a lot of information on how to do these things on your own.

Krys

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

maura, also one thing i do is if i see a cool section of a picture i've taken, like the dale chihuly ceiling at the bellagio, i use that as a background. you can crop a section of a picture, like some pretty flowers, or the beach, or i even did ones of just the blue water of the pool at dougs moms, and the beach sand from when we got married, and resave it as a picture, then just drag and drop and set as the background canvas. morgan even suggested to set the opacity (like a watermark picture) at 72%, it looks really cool.

#5 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
      • Vendor
      • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

If you are working in PS or PS elements and have a paper you like but is the wrong color, you can change it by using Image>adjustments>hue/saturation and then moving the sliders to get the colors you want.

It won't work if the starting color is black but other than that you can play to your heart's content.

Krys

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

i usually use a picture for a background, like abbie mentioned.

when i do want a paper, i've been getting it from lumapix. i have 20 credits for upgrading so i've been using those. I'm not sure that i could share it with you. i think they are stuck in lumapix.

I've seen links to good free sites. i'll look for them...

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

i just searched & couldn't find the free site. i'll keep looking...

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

morgan, one of the free sites i like is ShabbyPrincess :: Free Scrapbooking Kits, Digital Scrapbooking, Computer Scrapbooking, Digi scrapbooking, Kits, Elements

i also really like www.designerdigitals.com, but you have to pay for most of those.

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

i really need to favorite all these good crafty threads so i have them in one place. everytime i start a project i have to log in and search for the thread i need for help. then i end up bdw-ing instead of project-ing and :)

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

good sites - thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users