Invitations & Bridesmaid Dresses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rhonda

• 270 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

My invitations were sent out last week (yay!) Next thing on the list is bridesmaids dresses....
    I am wondering if my invitation color and bridesmaid dresses HAVE TO match?
    The primary color in my invitations is aqua with a soft coral flower. At first I wanted to do aqua bridesmaid dresses, but, now I'm leaning toward a soft coral color. The flowers will likely be some shade of pink/coral. Would it be ok not to use aqua at the ceremony (Ok, besides the beautiful aqua carribbean sea :) ) ?
    I don't want it to seem random or out of place...

#2 *~*Mel*~*

• 647 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

Personally I think that you can use whatever colour you want for the bridesmaid dresses. I don't think that anyone would have a problem with the invitations and dresses not matching. And as you hinted at if anyone asked why you didn't choose aqua you could always say that you didn't want the girls to fade into the ocean in pictures (even though I don't think that that would happen, no one has to know that)

#3 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

I think you can choose any color you like. When I sent out my invites I thought I wanted red as an accent color so I chose red pocketfolders. Now I'm not using red at all! At first I was worried about it, but I figure how many people are going to show up for my wedding wondering where the red details are. So, I think you will be ok picking whatever you like.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#4 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

I don't think anyone will notice, and if they do, I don't think they would comment on it. We, as brides, put a lot more stock in these types of things than our guests do.

#5 Rhonda

• 270 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Thank you for your encouragement. I think you're right...no one else but me would probably care. It's so funny....before planning a wedding, I never would have even thought about this at someone else's wedding...but, all of a sudden it feels like a big deal or that I would be breaking some rule or something.

#6 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

I think with a DW you aren't stuck with all the rules and traditions. It's easier to make it your own and do what you want. I am sure whatever color you go with it will be beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users