Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#21 silentderra

silentderra
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Ohhh forgot that Petra's( the minisiter) husband is a really great photographer..I am waiting to get his rates..will let you know, K-bye

#22 JCrosby

JCrosby
    • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Hi Shelley - you're so excited! I love it!! I'm so jealous your wedding is so soon - mine's not until next Feb. I love that area for a reception but I'm not sure if it's by the pool or not. Let me know if you find out. It's such a quaint little space and great for decorating as you could easily hang paper lanterns etc. Have fun & don't hesitate to check in anytime. I'm so excited we have an OCT thread!!! Jennie :)

#23 Debs

Debs
      • VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

I'm no help for Turquesa, but I got married at a sister hotel, Ocean Blue in Punta Cana last year and we were treated like GOLD the whole 2 weeks we were there. You are going to love it!

#24 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Well, girls I will be able to give a full report of the hotel. We booked it for our honeymoon in May!

#25 Barbo

Barbo
          • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

I can't wait to hear about your wedding too! I'm hoping to have my wedding here too but not until June 2010 Keep us posted we'd love the feedback!

#26 silentderra

silentderra
            • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

I am sooo excited...it seems like I will be the first one going..March 17th, 2009. Is anyone going before me?

#27 JCrosby

JCrosby
              • 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Deb! That's great to hear that you had a good experience with the chain!!

My wedding isn't until Feb 2010 but Kaycee is getting married there in February - she is also part of this thread (at the beginning).

#28 Barbo

Barbo
                • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Shelly, Thanks for the link to the photos! I've looked on TripAdvisor before, it's nice to see anything and everything. I'm super excited to make my final decisions but it's so far away! How far ahead did you send out your invitations? And how do you word it when you don't know which resort you're going to yet? Guess we'll just have to decide on one and maybe send out a Save the Date invitation with a tentative date/week

#29 Debs

Debs
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,104 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Just watch out for the "welcome breakfast". That's when the H10 guys try and sell you a time share!! If it wasn't so expensive up front, Chris and I were really considering it, as they have resorts all over the world.

#30 silentderra

silentderra
                    • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Barbo, to be honest..I haven't sent invitations out yet! We were getting married in Georgia until 2 weeks ago...lol I have a complicated and unique situation..I'll try to keep it short. I live in Ontario, Canada and my fiancee is in Colorado Springs, CO. We started the immigration process in May of 08 and I still don't have my visa..got an appointment with the consulate yesterday for an interview for Jan.26 which is the last step. My dream was to get married down south on the ocean sooo we decided to cancel the Georgia wedding and book in Mexico to have a Symbolic ceremony then fly back to Ontario,..move me the next day to Colorado than go to the Court house there and legally get married...HOLY MOLY!!!My fiancee is in the special forces( army) there and is being deployed in July..so we were really running out of time to pull this all off but really wanted to get married before he leaves!!
                      Sorry to ramble..that raps it up..sooo no invites..just told my friends and family what we were doing and they all booked within a few days..should have 20-25 ppl there. They understand the lack of etiquette because of our situation.
                      Well that didn't help you much did it..?? LOL you are right..I would probably send some save the date cards about 4 mths out and then at least they will know when..you can send invites 2 months before when you know where. just my opinion..Shelley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users