Photo

Paying for bridesmaids' and groomsmen's clothes?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 beth

beth
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

We are paying for our BM and GM attire. They are already paying to travel to be with us so we thought we could cover this cost for them

#22 nicmicj

nicmicj
    • 244 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

My suggestion would be that if it is in your budget to help pay a portion of the cost of the attendants clothes, or all if that's your desire. My twin sister will be my matron of honor and his brother will be his bestman. I am splitting the cost with my sister and he is doing the same with his brother.

#23 Opice34

Opice34
      • 414 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:23 AM

The boys just wore charcoal grey suits that they already owned. We bought the ties as their gifts.

I gave all the girls an AmEx gift card as a hostess gift for one of my showers. I made it for the amount of half of the dress. My hope was that they'd put it towards the dress, but they could really do anything they wanted with it. I also let them all pick out their own dress (I chose color and fabric and designer), so I'm hoping they'll actually wear it again, but we all know how that goes!

#24 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

A destination wedding is everything but traditional, so I say screw the etiquette traditions and do what you can fit into your budget! Just my 2cents.

Ideally of course it would be nice to be able to pay for my bridesmaids/groomsmens attire because they're already investing a lot of time and money into the destination wedding. Who wouldn't want to offer such a kind gesture to the wedding party?

But in my case, I've got 9 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaids and a flower girl. FI has the equivalent on the groomside of things. So as you can see, unless I'm buying them $20 to $30 outfits then it's impossible especially since my first name isn't Bill and my last name isn't Gates.

Instead I'm buying my gals sandal type heels, a pair of nice flip-flops for "the my feet are killing me" moments, their jewelry, and getting a bunch of cute bags filled with all kinds of stuff. I am however buying the entire outfit for one of my bridesmaids ~ my daughter :), my junior bridesmaid, and flower girl. FI is buying his guys their sandals (leather flip flops), a gift, and the outfits for the junior groomsmen and ring bearer. So I still feel like we're still devoting a lot of our budget to our wedding party even though we're not covering the costs for all their attire.

#25 KellyPrincess

KellyPrincess
          • 11 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

I love the idea of the AmEx gift card to buy their own dresses. That's super creative and cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users