Photo

Question about cake in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

I like Tres Leches cake but I don't know why she said that it's the typical cake served at weddings in Mexico, I've never had Tres Leches cake at a wedding..

#12 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

We are having tres leches with strawberries and white chocolate inbetween the layers. We tasted during our site visit in Feb and it was yummy!

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

I've never had Tres leches cake,, Hmm I wonder what places around here would have them. OH GOD don't get me started on cake again.. lol

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TAMMYM
          I've never had Tres leches cake,, Hmm I wonder what places around here would have them. OH GOD don't get me started on cake again.. lol
          Tammy, back away from the cake subject. I forbid you to discuss it anymore. roflmao!

#15 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

lol.. I know.. I was telling Cain this weekend what I "finally" decided on with the cake and he throws me a loop saying he wants our monogram on the cakes (individual cakes) So I email Deena today and she said she thinks it would be too busy having the monogram and seashells. now I have to figure how what I will do about it.

#16 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TAMMYM
              lol.. I know.. I was telling Cain this weekend what I "finally" decided on with the cake and he throws me a loop saying he wants our monogram on the cakes (individual cakes) So I email Deena today and she said she thinks it would be too busy having the monogram and seashells. now I have to figure how what I will do about it.
              omg too funny! Jeff always does that to me too- just when I think I have something all figured out, THEN he decides to have an opinion! lol
              Can you put shells on the side and the monogram on the top?

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

it must be a guy thing because steve does the same thing to me, it drives me nuts! Why can't he give me his opinion when I originally ask for it, not when I've finally made a decision!

#18 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Yeah that's an option. Do you girls think it would be too much going on, with a small individual cake having our monogram on the top and shells on the side?

#19 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

No, Tammy - I don't think it'd be too much. Keep the seashells small enough, and the monogram simple (limit the loops and twirls!) and I think it'd be a nice touch!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users