• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
    Rachelle, I'm leaning towards the cups just because I really can't imagine a 32B would fit me right when she told me I'm a 32C. She said I would just have to pile them in there.
    Yeah, I think your instincts are right about that one! "pile them in there" isn't really the advice I'd want for my wedding day!

Quote:
    tammy your dress should hopefully fit you well enough that once you add the cups, the support is almost built into the dress. i am a little freaked out about this myself, since the sample fit me weird - i was constantly tugging at it. this was one reason i was scared to get a strapless dress - but i am hoping it all fits well once it's made for me!
    Honestly, your wedding dress is going to be altered so perfectly for your body that it will probably fit you better than any bra ever would! My dress did have little straps so the cup solution was perfect for me - kept my girls in place and I didn't worry about them at all. A good friend that got married the month before me had a strapless dress and spent ages trying to find a bustier or backless/strapless to wear under her dress...the seamstress finally talked her into the cups and it worked for her too...and she's acutally a 34 large C...sometimes a D. We were both pretty skeptical about it at first but it turned out great.

You may want to have them go ahead and baste in the cups when they do all the basting after your first fitting then decide what you really think about it. Once the rest of the dress fits you properly, you may feel more confident deciding to go "sans bra" ;-)

#22 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

Tammy,
      Did you try the 34B? I'm a 32C also, but the 34B seemed to work for me.

I got the VS stapless, seamless full bodice thing....is it called a corset? Not sure, Anyway, it stays up really well and holds me in tight. I love it... It helps create the cleavage I'm looking for. I wasn't blessed with cleavage...darn it!

hope the new one works for you!
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#23 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

When I was married before I had cups in my dress, and they were SOO off, that it looked like my boobs were facing in opposite directions, I fear that happening again.

#24 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:06 PM

Hey Jess is that corset thing you mentioned on the VS website? A 34 strapless falls down on me, the strapless I have now is a 34C, how does the "b" work better for you? My girls aren't naturally really close either so it sounds like we both want the same look.

#25 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Here it is.
            Victoria's Secret - Seamless bustier

The 34 C didn't work for me, the 34B did. I think the extra support to the waist is what keeps it in place. All of the other strapless bras I've tried have fallen down and not pushed me up.

Forgot to mention 32B didn't work either...too tight!
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#26 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

great let me check it out... Thanks Jess, I'm having the same problem as you and that's why I'm afraid I won't get the look I want in my dress.

#27 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

Jess one last question, how high up is that bra in the back?

#28 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

it dips down lower in the back. I tried it on with a tank top and and couldn't see it. I can take a picture of the back for you tonight if you want. Let me know.
                  My new man....Donovan

#29 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

Yes please Jess, I think I'm going to try to find the time on Saturday to find one, did you have to order yours online or did you find it in the store? Maybe I'll check Bloomingdales as well.

#30 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                    • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

I found it in the store. Luckily, they happened to have the 34B in the nude color. I got lucky on that. I'll take a picture tonight for you and post it in the morning.
                      My new man....Donovan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users