Sandals Ochus Rios Jamaica Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stormsong

Stormsong
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hi everyone.
    I know i haven't been around for a long time. Since we called off the wedding...just been trying to get a new grasp on life.
    Anyways, I am going to Jamaica for a vacation. Actually, going to the Sandals resort in Ochus Rios. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently? I was asked if i wanted the villa room or a resort room. I was thinking villa would be nice. But my TA said they were getting run down. Anyone have any tips? What currency do i take? Do i exchange it there? Do i bring gifts for the resort staff? Things like that! Any info would be awesome! (And..yes....i am bringing a new guy...<winks>)

Stormsong
    Lisa

#2 leahstafford

leahstafford
    • 713 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Hi Lisa, I was there in March for a wedding and we stayed in just one of the basic rooms which was on the beach side. In terms of sides to pick I would go with the main pool side (the resort is seperated by a road so you need to take the bus across and cannot walk)

At the Airport in Montego Bay there is a currency exchange right after immigration. However, I never bring money when I stay there, I just put everything on my room card and then pay by credit card when I am done. I'd bring some singles for tips (though they say you don't need to tip) I always feel weird not doing so. Also, I don't think you need to bring gifts, I've never heard of anyone doing that.

And the pool bar on the beach side rocks, it's not big but it's a little more private!

#3 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
      • 315 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

hi lisa! i went there last february and stayed at one of the cottages in the beach side.

your TA is right. the resort is a bit old. if you want to stay in ocho rios, there's another Sandals (Dunn's River) about 15 minutes drive away. The hotel is much newer and has a Italian Tuscan Villa feel.

The main pool side is newer in Sandals Ocho Rios, but you have to take a shuttle to go to the beach. I suggest going on Trip Advisor to read resort review. It's a great site to find out about a hotel and see traveler's candid pics of the resort. =)

No need for currency exchange. US Dollas is widely accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users